General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereotypical Biker?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:42 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stereotypical Biker?

I am at a lost for words by her comment!!!![:-]
WTF is a typical biker?
I do know what a poser is!!![8D]

Old 04-17-2008, 11:01 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think some of you are reading WAY to much into this. She was at a "bike event" if she thought that that bikers were trash, or criminals, she would not have been there. To me a biker is anyone who rides a scoot. I am also guilty of looking at someone who is dressed living the life style of the "biker", and saying that guy, or girl, looks like what one would perceive as the "typical biker". I don't care how you dress, (as long as your not a dude in a dress) I don't look down, or up, at you becuase of what you wear. I have friends that are the "typical biker", and I know guys who are the "typical biker" and I would **** on them if they were on fire. It goes the other way as well. I have met people that wear $1000 suits and would gladly give you their shirt right off their back, the clothes don't make the man or woman, it is what's underneath.

Ok you guys can have the soap box back and i'll crawl back to my corner.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: MarkandMary

I think some of you are reading WAY to much into this. She was at a "bike event" if she thought that that bikers were trash, or criminals, she would not have been there. To me a biker is anyone who rides a scoot. I am also guilty of looking at someone who is dressed living the life style of the "biker", and saying that guy, or girl, looks like what one would perceive as the "typical biker". I don't care how you dress, (as long as your not a dude in a dress) I don't look down, or up, at you becuase of what you wear. I have friends that are the "typical biker", and I know guys who are the "typical biker" and I would **** on them if they were on fire. It goes the other way as well. I have met people that wear $1000 suits and would gladly give you their shirt right off their back, the clothes don't make the man or woman, it is what's underneath.

Is there room in your corner for two (without touching?)

Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Stereotypical"reading too far into it"rant...

Old 04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: SgtThump

Is there room in your corner for two (without touching?)
I have connections, we can bust out the walls and build a new addition on to accomidate all who will come to our corner![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

lmao

No touchey...lol....

Old 04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
SgtThump
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I have connections, we can bust out the walls and build a new addition on to accomidate all who will come to our corner![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

lmao

No touchey...lol....
Count me in! [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: The Baron

Stereotypical"reading too far into it"rant...

Guilty as charged!!!!

But that's OK Baron, I will let you in our corner as well, did I mention the wet bar will be installed tomorrow![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

He sounds like a hell'uva guy to me!

Old 04-17-2008, 03:52 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is the typical biker in this HOG chapter I think I'll stick around for a while.
Glad to hear you will stick around. Sounds like you are the type to get involved also and if you do, I think you will really enjoy it.

MOST HOG Chapters have great people in them, with a sprinkling of whiners and discontents and complainers. Kinda like society! But the majority are great and do wonderful things.

My chapter raises money for Just Kids each year, then in December, that charity wraps all the presents, and we don our santa outfits, get on the bikes and deliver the gifts todisadvantaged kidsfor christmas. You can hardly get the grin off your face after a day of seeing kids reactions when a bunch of "stereotypical bikers" deliver toys to them!!

Welcome and have fun!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Amodump001
Road Warrior

I don’t want to be called anything I can’t spell. Just sayin..

Quick Reply: Stereotypical Biker?