Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes in az

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:22 PM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default loud pipes in az

as most of you know i am relocating to az next week and i have rinehart true duels on my ultra. is there going to be a problem with this exhaust. will i have to have it changed due to laws in az. thanks in advance

Old 04-15-2008, 04:43 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes in az

I lived in Arizona in 06 and most of 07 and never had a problem with my pipes. Just had sampson slip-ons for the first month or soI was therewhen the right baffle rattled loose. Took out both baffles and ran that way for about 8 months without being hassled. Installed my current set-up (T-Rex true duals) which do have baffles but are significantly louder than stock and again was never even pulled over. You may want to check and see if Cave Creek is still enforcing their noise ordinance (was being re-considered while I was there). If they are still enforcing it like they were, you may have a problem in that part of town.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:25 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, I was going to mention Cavecreek also. I haven't heard too much from there lately, though. Jerome is another place that you might want to hold it down. As long as you behave, you won't have any problem. My bike was brought in from N.Y with V&H straightshots with no problem and I haven't had any problems in 8 years on it.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:26 PM
CKinAZ
Road Master

Don't worry about it at all. Cave Creek doesn't have an ordinance anyway, it's Carefree and as long as you keep it mellow, they don't seem to bother anyone.

While there is a state law that has dB limits, it's just not enforced anywhere in the greater phx area.

Where you moving to?

Old 04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
damnitj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys stole my thinder. Carefree is probably the only place that has made a big deal out of it. There are signs posted at the city limits advising you of the noise limits. I think the sign says something to the effect of 80 decibels. So far I have not heard of anyone getting popped under that ordinance, just slow down and obey the speed limit. You know how your bike reacts and sounds. You should be okay till you got the short distance to Cave Creek.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:37 PM
msh134
Road Warrior

moving to peoria az happy valley and lake pleasent roads.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:01 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: msh134

moving to peoria az happy valley and lake pleasent roads.
Real close to where I live. You'll love the area. Lots of bikes here with loud pipes.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
rshute4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes in AZ

Yeah everyone is right so far... Carefree are the only A-holes in the area, Ive never seen it enforced and have only heard ONE story where a guy was pulled over and tested... But it was because he was being a MORON and riding like a maniac.

I sat next to a Phoenix Police officer at a red light (I have Vance and Hines Slash Cuts, pretty loud ) he was on his phone with the window down... (great example huh, driving while on the phone) he looked over at me gave me a crappy look and rolled his window up,I had to turn my headaway and laugh!

SoI don't think you will have ANY problems!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Like pretty much everyone has said, the only real place that could be a concern is Carefree (which you pretty much have to go through to get to Cave Creek). If you keep in mellow and don't be an aZZ (holds true pretty much everywhere here in Arizona), then you should be fine.

Oh and welcome!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 PM
fastbagger
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Any emissions testing on bikes in AZ?

Quick Reply: loud pipes in az