General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes in az

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:37 PM
damnitj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: loud pipes in AZ

There is emissions testing in Maricopa County, otherwise as far as I know you don't have to worry about it. In Maricopa county it is for bikes 5 years and older, and it is in the works for elimination within the next couple of years.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:15 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome from Apache Junction

From what I have read in ABATE news, looks like all parties involved agree on removing the testing. Agree with all other posts about Cavecreek and Carefree. Just putt through and you will be fine.
More than likely you will have to go through emissions if you are going to register the bike.
Here is the web site.
http://www.azdot.gov/MVD/

Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Love to join ya inAZ.
Been wanting to get out that way for a while now but still have 1 in college and by the time she's done I'll have nothing left.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flying Horse

Love to join ya inAZ.
Been wanting to get out that way for a while now but still have 1 in college and by the time she's done I'll have nothing left.
U could sell her if you had to...

Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fastbagger

Any emissions testing on bikes in AZ?
Yes and it's damned hard for older to bikes to pass. You basily have to lean out the bike to the point it just runs, pass the test, get off the test site property and reset the mixture. The BEST place to get any emissions testing done is on Northsight Road east of the Scottsdale airport. It's never busy and the emissions tech don't care. Stay away from 40th St & Greenway. It's had to pass anything there.

Other than that, keep in mind that Jerome, where my mom was born, was re-founded by bikers after the miners left.
Just before we left last July, Carefree went on anti-noise tear directed at bikers. I don't know for sure what caused it, but it only lasted a few days. Cave Creek lives on biker cash and probably told Carefree to knock it off.

When you get there, look up Uptown. Nice blue Electraglide, hangs out in Cave Creek and can usually be found surrounded by V-rods. (He's the semi-official cat herder.) CKinAZ probably knows him. Their bikes are almost twins.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
NightStar
Cruiser

Carefree isn't usally a problem until sundown. Noise abatement really goes into effect after 8 or 10 PM in various areas. Then they will enforce it.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
rprpclark
Cruiser

I lived in AZ just off CaveCreek Rd/101. If you enter Cave Creek on Cave Creek Rd you pass thru very little if any of Carefree. Common courtesy says to take it easy through the residential part.

I f you enter thru Scottsdale road you pass thru residential as well as commercial area. Common sense says to take it easy. Lack of common sense caused the problems in Carefree, and also Jerome.

There are a lot of wealthy and influential people in Carefree. Not that courtesy shouldn't prevail everywhere.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: loud pipes in az

ORIGINAL: CKinAZ

Don't worry about it at all. Cave Creek doesn't have an ordinance anyway, it's Carefree and as long as you keep it mellow, they don't seem to bother anyone.

While there is a state law that has dB limits, it's just not enforced anywhere in the greater phx area.

Where you moving to?
Exactly what he said, there is really nothing to worry about as long as you keep it down in a few places like Carefree and my neighborhood. LOL

Old 04-17-2008, 10:31 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Rinehart true duals are not loud at all. I even installed the Rinehart performance baffles and they still are not that loud. I'm going to try www.bigcitythunder.com

Old 04-18-2008, 01:18 AM
rockstar_josh
Cruiser

Yup, you'll be fine. You'll hear some real loud SOBs cruising around here... no worries. And it's a great place to ride!

Quick Reply: loud pipes in az