General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is going on

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008 | 09:15 AM
connsmith
|
Banned
Default What is going on

Sooooo the big unasked question is what is going on with all the banning and the Mods quitting? I mean being only a relatively new member I enjoyed even the controversial posts of some of these members... Ok so can I ask this question and get an answer without it being locked or banned myself?

Old 04-15-2008 | 09:22 AM
beerguytx
Cruiser
Default RE: What is going on

I don't think you can, but we shall see!

Old 04-15-2008 | 09:26 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I missed all the action I guess....

Old 04-15-2008 | 10:11 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

I can't speak for the Admin/Mod's, but I'm sure there are reasons for all actions that have been taken, and I doubt if it will have any major impact on the membership in general.

Just speaking for myself, but internal changes as far as personnel on the Board is none of my business, and detail information will probably only be released on what is considered a 'need to know' basis.

I've got more important things to worry about...

Besides,it's nice and sunny outside today so I'm goin' ridin'..

Old 04-15-2008 | 10:27 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

Who cares. And admin/owner of the site has to do what he feels is in the best interest of his site and in my opinion when you make a decision some people are happy and some not so happy. C'est la vie.

People who ride Harleys are a very diverse group today. Some are gay, some are cops, some are gay cops, some old, young, male female, crazy,sain, insain,independents, patches, 1% patches,retired, working, moms, dads, active duty military, retired military, prior service, blue collar, white collar, criminals and LEO'setc.... This forum is virtually a cornecopia of so many different opinions. While I do not agree with everything and many disagree with what I have to say,I really enjoy hearing all the different opinions on so many different topics by such a said diverse group. It really is an eye opener and an education.

Old 04-15-2008 | 10:29 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

IBTL!!

Old 04-15-2008 | 10:34 AM
satansoft
Cruiser

Every board i've been a longtime member of (this and three others, one motorcycle related, one rock climbing, and a bodybuilding/fitness forum), goes through this eventually. I dont knwo whats happened as a new member, and I dont care. I just know in the end, its never good for the webite and makes a lot of drama. Ask the folks at Anabolic Review

Old 04-15-2008 | 11:17 AM
connsmith
|
Banned

Big surprise there were anger management issues with the Anabolic Review forum....

Old 04-15-2008 | 11:24 AM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

Maybe it's just "burnout", that last post on "fingerless gloves" could have sent some over the top!

Old 04-15-2008 | 11:33 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Well said. I will not discuss this situation in the open forum.

Terry
HDF Admin

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

I can't speak for the Admin/Mod's, but I'm sure there are reasons for all actions that have been taken, and I doubt if it will have any major impact on the membership in general.

Just speaking for myself, but internal changes as far as personnel on the Board is none of my business, and detail information will probably only be released on what is considered a 'need to know' basis.

I've got more important things to worry about...

Besides,it's nice and sunny outside today so I'm goin' ridin'..