Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NORTH CAROLINA SPEEDING TICKET

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: NORTH CAROLINA SPEEDING TICKET

I guess bad advice is better than no advice? If he just pays the ticket his insurance will go up
and he will be paying higher costs for three years. Plus the tickets cost.

Best to get it dropped even guilty, nothing is black and white anymore.

ORIGINAL: Kolni

How about paying the ticket and forgetting about the lawyers?

Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Rbohno
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NORTH CAROLINA SPEEDING TICKET (DOWN IN DIXIE)

I got one last year in Huntersville,NC, the courts here make your ticket info available to any attorney that wants it. They also posted my offense along with my name in the local paper.

I called an attorney (Brad Icard) and he had the ticket changed to faulty equipment.I never showed up in court just sent him $$$ for court costs and attorny fees. I could have gone other routes but didn't want points on my license which then results in Insurance premium increases.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Does NC have a "supervision" process. I know IN has a sliding scale for 10-19 and no tickets in two years you pay an extra $20 and stay "clean" for 6 months the ticket doesn't go on the record. this if for a $140 ticket. do the math- pay the 160 and not get stoppred and that is cheaper than an attorney and no time away from work.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: tallboy56

I'm from TN and have lived in NC for 26 years...there is no difference as far as law enforcement is concerned. You won't be "harassed" by anyone unless you give them reason to do so. If you base your decision to not tour these places by someone elses problem, it's your loss. Just think if we had no laws...traffic or otherwise...the "harassment" would come from worse than the LEOs.
ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

I was going to be taking a trip, first stop was going to be in TN to check out the dragon. Then was going to travel through NC. After reading about the things in TN and know NC Maybe I better rethink this thing.[:@] Am I going to get harrassed by the man just for being on a bike???
That was kinda meant to be tongue and cheek. I was thinking about it last night, I don't speed (much)I don't drink and ride, I don't ride crazey, I should be just fine.
Leaving May 16th. Yea, Haw.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:10 PM
jimnc
Novice

Wellcome to[sm=biker2.gif] North Carolina. Come on vacation, leave on probation !!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Vicrider
Cruiser

I got one in San Antonio going 84 in a 65 about 2 monthsago. Within a week, I had 3 or 4 letters from local attorneys there mailed to me guaranteeing to get me out of it and nothing on my record. Ticket cost to pay was around $225.00..Paid a lawyer $175.00 and it was dismissed and nothing on my record. I bet you'll be getting some stuff in the mail very soon from people like that... It worked for me!!

Old 04-15-2008, 01:24 PM
jbhoyle
Cruiser

You will probably get letters from attorneys that will represent her in the county she got the ticket in.Best advice, pay the attorney, they will make it disappear without you having to go to court. Usually $125 to $175 court cost plus fine plus attorney fees. In the last year, I've had one and I have 2 sons that drive 110 miles aday round trip every day to college, each have had tickets. We have paid from a total of $245 up to $350. They either get it dismissed or reduced to a lessor violation that doesn't effect your insurance or license. The courts are more interested in your money than anything else.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:02 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FINALLY!!!!!!! 2 people who are on the ball.

I just don't understand why people insist on paying tickets as well ashigher insurance premiums for 3 years. And now I hear that it's also reported to the credit bureaus.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:14 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Back in 2005, I got 2 speeding tickets in 8 months. 59 in a 45, and 72 in a 55, damn Crossfire was hard to drive slow. I never told my insurance and I guess they never found out because my rates actually went down during that time.