General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008 | 08:41 AM
BarneyB
|
Intermediate
Default Need some advice!!

All, I'm new to the forum and also new to the Harley Family. I've got an '06 FLHTCI w/ SE Stage 1 Big Bore kit. Bought it from the dealership with this setup. I understand that all mods were per factory spec and that includes the adjustment of the ECM for the kit.They left the stock exhaust installed and I'm not quite satisfied with the sound and mileage. I just recently purchased and hope to get installed in the next week, a set of V&H basic slips ons, 16725, and the matching V&H Fuelpak, 61003. My question is this, should I go with the standard map for the Fuelpak from V&Hor will I need to have a custom map to account for the Stage 1 kit. And if I do need a new map, does anyone out there already have one that is working well for them with the described setup and would they mind sharing it? I've been doing some research and it seems that some folks have had to make several calls to V&H tech support to finally get the right setup for them.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Old 04-13-2008 | 08:48 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Need some advice!!

Are you planning on doing any more mods? If so you problem want to get a PC IIII or a SERT. There a lot of guys runny this set-up here. Congrats on the new scoot.

Old 04-13-2008 | 09:08 AM
BarneyB
|
Intermediate

No more mods as far as I'm planning. I just want the bike to perform as well as it can. I've already purchased the Fuelpak from V&H and the slip ons. Just looking for some folks that have this setup and also trying to avoid spending possible hours on the phone with Tech Support to get the right setup.
Thanks for your prompt reply

Old 04-13-2008 | 10:50 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

If the dealer has your bike properly dialed in for 103", with the stage 1 air cleaner, switching to V&Hslipons, should not make much of a difference to your fuel/air ratio. I doubt if it even needs the fuelpak.
Tom

Old 04-13-2008 | 03:17 PM
BarneyB
|
Intermediate

Thanks for the info Tom. The dealership told me that changing the pipes may make the engine run a little lean thus the heat will increase. They recommended installing a fuelpak. I didn't go with their in house brand ( Daytona? )and ordered the V&H fuelpak. I got what I thought was a good deal from an outfit in PA, but they do not accept returns, so I'll be installing the fuelpak. Just wondering if I'll need to move to something other than the stock map that they'll obviously suggest for the Bagger.
Guess I'll just have to install, map it, then see what happens.
Thanks again

Old 04-13-2008 | 10:09 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

http://fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html

There you go, fill in the blanks