General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heritage or elecraglide???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
fly_by_day
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: heritage or elecraglide???

Before my wife bought this 1200 we went many miles together on my heritage. I weigh 235 and shes maybe 135 or so. We have also packed camping stuff for 3-4 days with us. You would be fine either way. Just don't do the deal that they are offering you. To much money.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the advice. I was feeling a little uneasy on the price, the only good thing would be to get outa the sporty but if i was to buy new they would do that also.
The wife now she is ready to hop on it but im holding back this time, i sure would love to have the bike but they are gonna have to come way off that price.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

Thank you that sounds good, i was thinking of renting a heritage for a day and see how it did.
Ride in all the places that we go on the sporty that the susspension bottoms out and all, that would be a good test.
But salesman in 3 different harley shops have told me that its not enough bike!
I guess i need to try one for a day, the heritage is more comfortable to me for the fact that I have short legs and i can flatfoot it with ease.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:35 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go Ultra baby. One stop shopping. You won't regret it and wonder why you didn't do it before. You get an Elctra or heritage you'll be wishing you went Ultra. Especially for 2 up comfort and convienience.

I knew you said Electra or Heritage but I had to make a pitch for the Ultra. You sound like you're heading that way.......

Consider private selling you Sportster you'd be surprise if the price was right and you're fair and flexible given the objective. Doesn't sound like the dealer has your best interest at heart. What is the blue book retail and trade in value of your bike? Find that out and it will be a guide for you in negotiations.

Private sale would perhaps have you make a profit. KBB has your bikeretail value at: 8230$ Do you wanna give that to the dealer?

Congrats on the weight loss, no easy feat.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:57 PM
fireman9513
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: badinfluence63

Go Ultra baby. One stop shopping. You won't regret it and wonder why you didn't do it before. You get an Elctra or heritage you'll be wishing you went Ultra. Especially for 2 up comfort and convienience.

I knew you said Electra or Heritage but I had to make a pitch for the Ultra. You sound like you're heading that way.......

Consider private selling you Sportster you'd be surprise if the price was right and you're fair and flexible given the objective. Doesn't sound like the dealer has your best interest at heart. What is the blue book retail and trade in value of your bike? Find that out and it will be a guide for you in negotiations.

Private sale would perhaps have you make a profit. KBB has your bikeretail value at: 8230$ Do you wanna give that to the dealer?

Congrats on the weight loss, no easy feat.

Ive thought about private sale and that is proberly what I will do, just hate when tire kickers come and look and waste your time and dont buy.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both bikes will take the weight but the electraglide with its air shocks will handle it better in my opinion. The deal you listed sounds real good for the other guy but I think if I was you I would shop around more.

Old 04-13-2008, 01:39 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

SG

Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fireman,

When I bought my Ultra last September, it took me 10 months to sell my Pan. I have a million getting jerked around stories. In the end it was worth it. Key word was jerks. It comes with the territory. Maybe you'll get lucky, who knows. 100% of shots not taken don't go in.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:27 AM
real7jake
Tourer

Go touring class, you won't turn back

Old 04-13-2008, 06:36 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Don't do the deal....sell it private and go for the EG. We've got a Fatboy and an EGultra, and there is no comparison when riding two up....Eg all the way...
I.A.F.F. 1068

Life is Great....We all Ride!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48412/6571986A9F754088B9298A2F075E5626.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: heritage or elecraglide???