General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Mesh Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:57 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good Mesh Jackets

Well, all good jackets. However, they are all made with Nylon and/or Polyester.
Once it starts burning and melting into your skin in a skid....it's tuff to get it out in the operating room.
Good luck ! Better than nothing tho.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Danester
Road Master

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

Once it starts burning and melting into your skin in a skid....it's tuff to get it out in the operating room.
That sounds terrible! Makes me think about just keeping my bike in the garage and selling all my gear - -NOT!!!

BTW --I hope you dont ride in shorts, tee and tennies as pictured in your signature -- or is that Goldwinger Gear?

Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

LOL.....nooooo. I don't ride like that. That was just a pose for my daughter before I moved the bike into the garage.

Stay safe, keep the chrome side UP !!! [sm=biker.gif]

Old 03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

If whichever jacket you purchase has a good set of body armor installed, the pads should act as buffer between road, material and skin.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Danester

check the HD website - a new jacket called the "Touring Switchback" I just bought one for 250 dollars -- has everything your looking for..
Link Here
I just got mine too. Haven't ridden with it yet but seems like it is well made and comfortable.

Primo

Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 PM
alexcue
Road Master

check the HD website - a new jacket called the "Touring Switchback" I just bought one for 250 dollars -- has everything your looking for..

Link Here
Just ordered mine from Zanotti's for $185 shipped! I thought it was a steal. Might come in handy for longer trips where the weather might change.

As i said earlier in this thread i really like my FirstGear meshtex, but if it cools off in the evenings i'm screwed. I'm hoping this will fill the void.

Dang forum is getting too expensive to come here.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:07 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

ORIGINAL: alexcue

Link Here
Just ordered mine from Zanotti's for $185 shipped! I thought it was a steal. Might come in handy for longer trips where the weather might change.

As i said earlier in this thread i really like my FirstGear meshtex, but if it cools off in the evenings i'm screwed. I'm hoping this will fill the void.

Dang forum is getting too expensive to come here.

I was looking at that jacket too. Just wondering about all the zippers. Let us know how ya like it on a ride.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:26 PM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.newenough.com/tour_master...t_pictures.htm

$155 delivered to the door. Read all the info, very versitial jacket for when leather is too hot, so you wish you were in a T-shirt.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:33 PM
rde
Road Captain

I really like the HD switchback. I tried to order one from Zanotti's last night and they no longer had any XL, and weren't going to get anymore either. They were selling them for $164.40.

I went to my local dealership and bought the last XL they had at 7:00 AM. Apparantly these things are selling like hotcakes! They are seasonal, so once this shipment is gone-they're gone! They cannot be re-ordered from HD.

I rode out in the low 50's this morning from the dealership. I took the rain insert out. I kept the zip on panels in place. I was warm and comfortable. As the day warmed up, I took the panels off at lunch and just used the mesh jacket. It was in the mid 70's and I felt great. Plenty of air flow and ventilation. I live in NC so I will be interested how it does in July when it's in the high 90's.
It has good armor in all the right places, and the quality is excellent.

I know it's pricey. I'm pissed that Zanotti's had sold out. I should have bought it last week when I was thinking about it [sm=headbang.gif]. But even still, for $250, I don't think you can beat the jacket.

My advice is-if you want one get it fast!

Old 03-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Danester
Road Master

Glad to see you scored on one! I took my first long ride with mine today (80 miles up to Gettysburg)- - started out at 0900 at 50 degrees- no rain liner either -- not bad! The trip home at 3pm was at 65 degrees - - love the jacket! I can't wait to take it apart the rest of the way (down to the mesh)...I think it looks and feels great, especially for the money!

Quick Reply: Good Mesh Jackets