General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmit Ticket +

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:20 PM
jandlcars
Extreme HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmit Ticket +

Went to watch grand daughter play T Ball
saw a friend he was there he plays Soft Ball. he rode his bike some one stole his throw over bags.
On the way home we rode together had no place for batting helmet so he wore it
Started through 25mi zone new chevy 4 dr pickup with hidden lights plus him over said it was the illegal helmet (non helmet state) sites him for it because it has to be legal or not at all
also sited him for 27 in 25 then asked him are the SE2 pipes stock he said no and got a ticket for them also
We were not making noise i did not get pulled over
He was nice to officer. officer said nicely take it up with the judge
we both were just over 25 not 30
Why did he not say my pipes are ticket able

Old 04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Helmit Ticket +

[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]That's all I can say..............

Old 04-10-2008, 07:55 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

Sounds like the LEO had a bad day.
The helmet shouldnt matter if there is no law.
The speeder is what it is if the judge wants to push it. Speeding? yep, your done.
Pipes? Good luck.
MikeM

Old 04-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Booey424
Grand HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Leos are lame.When you have to talk to one it will either cost you money or cost you your freedom.If I never talk to another one it would be great.And for the people that say "what if you need a cop?" Well I say to that; if I never need a cop then things are going well.You only need a cop when things are not going well.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:50 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

I'm 44 now and never felt the need to call the cops, but they sure as hell seem to show up at the worst times![:@]

Old 04-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

@$$Hole cop with nothing better to do than to make himself feel like more of a man for his own short comings. 2 mph above the limit, no helmet law, This guy is a jerk and needs to be found in a dark ally off duty!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

Even when things are not going well....I don't want to see them, they would probably just say it was your fault anyway, Less paperwork!!!!
ORIGINAL: Booey420

Leos are lame.When you have to talk to one it will either cost you money or cost you your freedom.If I never talk to another one it would be great.And for the people that say "what if you need a cop?" Well I say to that; if I never need a cop then things are going well.You only need a cop when things are not going well.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only called them once when it wasn't just to get a report for insurance paperwork (hit and run on a couple of my cars). The one time I called them for a burgalry where I caught the kid iin the act. I chased him in my car (thank god for HIM I did not catch him. I did get a hell of a description, and the ******** was caught. Otherwise, they seem to patrol and ticket according to how THEY feel that day. Too bad there is such inconsistency in how the laws are enforced. At least a red light camera won't treat you like a POS. I don't like those either, but at least you know what to expect.

I know a few LEOs and I know there are some here. A few cool ones don't make up for the *********.

[/align]

Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jandlcars

Went to watch grand daughter play T Ball
saw a friend he was there he plays Soft Ball. he rode his bike some one stole his throw over bags.
On the way home we rode together had no place for batting helmet so he wore it
Started through 25mi zone new chevy 4 dr pickup with hidden lights plus him over said it was the illegal helmet (non helmet state) sites him for it because it has to be legal or not at all
also sited him for 27 in 25 then asked him are the SE2 pipes stock he said no and got a ticket for them also
We were not making noise i did not get pulled over
He was nice to officer. officer said nicely take it up with the judge
we both were just over 25 not 30
Why did he not say my pipes are ticket able
check out the exact ordinance he was cited for. The cops often make mistakes or use the wrong citation. They count on you not paying attention and just paying the ticket. Anyway take it to court, the cop may not even show up; automatic dismissal.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:56 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain

Must have cited your friendthe day after he cought a baseball player bangin his wife or he's just a flat out ******* with a badge [sm=smiley30.gif]

Quick Reply: Helmit Ticket +