General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmit Ticket +

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:11 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Helmit Ticket +

Typical!

And the Police wonder why mainstream america does not like or trust them. Go figure

Old 04-11-2008, 01:26 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

And if the attitudes presented on here are remotely close to the attitude the Officer has to put up with on the street, then one should also wonder why Officers tend to think that bikers are mouthy jerks.

For those of you that chose to miss it, I will re-iterate.....that was a chickenshit ticket, all the way around. The reason for the stop while probably within the scope of the law was lame, and the entire contact did more to hurt Cop/Biker relations in that area than that Officer realizes. A simple verbal warning, letting the guy know that you cannot wear a Non-Dot helmet would have been far better, that writing 3 minor violations.

TWO Over? Gimme a break.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, isn't it bloody obvious?The Leo'sson played on the other team

Old 04-11-2008, 01:55 PM
hdwd2000
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What a dick.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not all LEO's are the same. I have gotten breaks from a few and some of them are stand up professionals. But a lot of them are d-----. We always remember the d-----. If I don't get attitude I don't give attitude. I still don't like tickets even if I deserve them and I am never fond of the person writing the ticket. Its money out of my pocket period be it actual money or just my time.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:04 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

Only called them once when it wasn't just to get a report for insurance paperwork (hit and run on a couple of my cars). The one time I called them for a burgalry where I caught the kid iin the act. I chased him in my car (thank god for HIM I did not catch him. I did get a hell of a description, and the ******** was caught. Otherwise, they seem to patrol and ticket according to how THEY feel that day. Too bad there is such inconsistency in how the laws are enforced. At least a red light camera won't treat you like a POS. I don't like those either, but at least you know what to expect.

I know a few LEOs and I know there are some here. A few cool ones don't make up for the *********.
I so agree with this statement...

[/align]

Old 04-11-2008, 02:12 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mark g

Typical!

And the Police wonder why mainstream america does not like or trust them. Go figure
Mainstream America does appreciate the police. Mainstream America is not represented on this forum.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: stro1965

Typical!

Mainstream America does appreciate the police. Mainstream America is not represented on this forum.
Hope you wake up without learnin the hard way. What I trust them to do is give me a ticket before preventing my house from being robbed or catching that guy or the guy who stole my Sportster. An THAT's the way mainstream America does percieve them. Money mill mongers for the municipality

Don't get me wrong, please. I have a few real friends who are LEOs, and who do NOT fit the mold I just described. So, I get to hear some of the others who have a chip on their shoulder against us "civilians" and against their own departments too. It's this type that drive a general distrust for you and me. It's some of us that fuelthat fire, too. Bad experiences on BOTH sides.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:28 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

ORIGINAL: Broken Leg Rider

Typical!

Hope you wake up without learnin the hard way. What I trust them to do is give me a ticket before preventing my house from being robbed or catching that guy or the guy who stole my Sportster. An THAT's the way mainstream America does percieve them. Money mill mongers for the municipality

Don't get me wrong, please. I have a few real friends who are LEOs, and who do NOT fit the mold I just described. So, I get to hear some of the others who have a chip on their shoulder against us "civilians" and against their own departments too. It's this type that drive a general distrust for you and me. It's some of us that fuelthat fire, too. Bad experiences on BOTH sides.
I think I have a pretty good ideawhat most people think of thepolice. The people I consider close friends are not police, but civilians, so I hear my share.

"Mainstream America"folks tend to get nervous whenan officeris behind them. They get mad when they get a ticket but generally will admit liability. They realize that the police officer doesn't see a dime of the money generated from that ticket. (In fact, in Nebraska, all revenue generated by traffic tickets goes directly to the local school districts...state law) They are relieved to see an officer coming when their home was burglarized and they realize that there was little that the police could have done to prevent it short of sitting out front every day. They don't want our job and admit it freely.

If the folksin your own inner circle are outside that "norm"it probably says more about you than it does about the police.

What I know for sure is that theridiculous anti-police sentimenthere on HDF is well above and beyond "Mainstream America". And thank God for that or there would be no police at all.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Agreed. One guy got some tickets (two pages ago) and we've decided that all LEO's are criminals because of it. We've heard one side of about 50 stories. If you think you are innocent then go to court. I was an LEO for 25 years and never wrote a ticket to a motorcyclist.

P.S. the person that said it was illegal to wear non DOT helmets in Illinois is incorrect. We have no helmet law at all. An infant can ride without a helmet. We have fought hard to keep it out of Illinois.

Typical!

Quick Reply: Helmit Ticket +