General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmit Ticket +

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:53 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Helmit Ticket +

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

ORIGINAL: jandlcars

Went to watch grand daughter play T Ball
saw a friend he was there he plays Soft Ball. he rode his bike some one stole his throw over bags.
On the way home we rode together had no place for batting helmet so he wore it
Started through 25mi zone new chevy 4 dr pickup with hidden lights plus him over said it was the illegal helmet (non helmet state) sites him for it because it has to be legal or not at all
also sited him for 27 in 25 then asked him are the SE2 pipes stock he said no and got a ticket for them also
We were not making noise i did not get pulled over
He was nice to officer. officer said nicely take it up with the judge
we both were just over 25 not 30
Why did he not say my pipes are ticket able
THAT is jacked up. [:@] I wouldn't have wasted the time and energy to stop ya.....

For those of you that would like to find an off duty officer in an alley somewhere....good luck. Most of us have enough class to not hang out in alleys.

joel....I can see the officers point of view.....in 27 yrs of this stuff, I have seen your type of accident just ONE time.....so, I can understand how he felt.
He's never seen the movie "American Graffiti" then. That's one of the funniest scenes.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:58 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: so165

I agree that the citationprobably did not have to be written, however, I have learned a few things in the many years of working in the LEO field and one of those is that when someone is telling a story usually( not always) but usually theyleave outvery important details. And to the guys who downright despise cops, I understand where your coming from also, but think about it like this, one of your family members is in a rollover crash and they are hurt andbleeding and crying out for help on a dark rainynight and all alone, and the only person that shows up is a cop, I really dont think you would not want him or her there. Anyways, I for one would not have messed withthe baseball helmet at all.
So, without any more info than that, you're calling someone a liar? If not, why the fk even say that here, in context, in this thread? ??

The only big liars I've ever seen under oath are cops. (And lawyers, including Bill Clinton.)

Old 04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to hijack the thread but aren't ALL Harley speedos certified? Mine is.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:32 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cop was a ********. He made all cops look like ********* just thru association. If all the reasonably good cops would take these all these ******** cops aside and say.."Hey..yer making us all look like ********* by being such a fuggin ********." then maybe we might all start respecting and actually liking cops. Respect is earned by me,not given freely andmost of us can tell a ******** when we see one...some cops just make it more apparent. And that's a shame.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:33 AM
BULLDOG88
Road Captain

JURY TRIAL!!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Arizona Flash
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: so165

I agree that the citationprobably did not have to be written, however, I have learned a few things in the many years of working in the LEO field and one of those is that when someone is telling a story usually( not always) but usually theyleave outvery important details. And to the guys who downright despise cops, I understand where your coming from also, but think about it like this, one of your family members is in a rollover crash and they are hurt andbleeding and crying out for help on a dark rainynight and all alone, and the only person that shows up is a cop, I really dont think you would not want him or her there. Anyways, I for one would not have messed withthe baseball helmet at all.
I'd rather have Joe-citizen with a cell phone show up than a cop. The cop would only call the fire department then search every piece of wreckage looking for drugs and when none was found, write your family member a ticket for reckless driving, disturbing the peace, and littering.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I am 55 years old and to this day I still haven`t got much, or maybe(ANY)respect for Cops.[:@] Wonder why? I have seen this kind of thing many times in my life. I know there must be a few goods LEOS out there, but I`ve really NOT seen ONE yet.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: will2002

I am 55 years old and to this day I still haven`t got much, or maybe(ANY)respect for Cops.[:@] Wonder why? I have seen this kind of thing many times in my life. I know there must be a few goods LEOS out there, but I`ve really NOT seen ONE yet.

+1. Fkm.

+1 for preferring the citizen with a cell phone too. I'd need the ambulance and the fire dept. and be really happy to see them. Who needs a fkn cop strutting around acting important?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like he was having a VERY bad day and opted to take it out on your friend. The helmet thing is crazy - never heard of being able to get a helmet ticket in a no helmet state. But 27 in a 25 is the part that gets me the most.

Perhaps he can't afford a bike and is jealous and wants to take it out on everyone he sees that is riding one - who knows?

Old 04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Wcross
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the "speeding" in a construction zone or a school zone? MOST leos I know are pretty cool regarding speed as long as it's not in either of those two. I did some LE work back in the 80's and I never did chickenchit tickets like that described above. One time when my teamate on the football team had his car die in the parking lot and he needed a ride home, he tossed on his football helmet and hopped on the back of my bike. This is in helmet mandatory New York by the way. Cop pulls up next to us at the red light and rolls his window down. "What position do you play son?", Friend's reply, " Middle Linebacker, sir." Cop laughs, "Carry on then. If you were a glamour-back (Offensive back-field), I'd write you up." VERY cool cop.

Quick Reply: Helmit Ticket +