General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 10:29 PM
NorCal Rider
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one that has the flag of Texas. It was given to me and I put it on the frame but could be closer to the ground. I didnt know that youre supposed to keep it as close to the ground as possible Is it bad luck to move it?

Old 05-09-2011, 03:29 AM
flagirl
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a butterfly on mine, hanging from the throttle cables. I didn't know it was supposed to be near the ground either.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Hang da bell low

MY BELL CAME FROM THE STORE ON THE DRAGON WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO HANG IT LOW AS POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE EVIL ROAD SPIRITS AWAY. HANGING LOW MAKES THE BELL SOUND LOUDER AND THEY CANNOT STAND THE RINGING AND WILL NOT ATTACH TO YOUR DAVIDSON. LEGEND IS THE EVIL ROAD SPIRITS WILL BECOME TRAPPED ISIDE THE BELL AND THE CONSTANCE RINGING WILL DRIVE THEM INSANE AND THEY WILL LOOSE THEIR GRIP AND FALL BACK TO THE PAVEMENT, THUS CREATING ANOTHER POT HOLE.
RIDE SAFE !

Old 05-09-2011, 11:32 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCal Rider
I have one that has the flag of Texas. It was given to me and I put it on the frame but could be closer to the ground. I didnt know that youre supposed to keep it as close to the ground as possible Is it bad luck to move it?
Originally Posted by flagirl
I have a butterfly on mine, hanging from the throttle cables. I didn't know it was supposed to be near the ground either.
You must not have read the original post. Here is part of it:

Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the bikers motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.

Last edited by soos; 05-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't want to break my 43 years of having never had an accident by mounting a Gremlin Bell now.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 PM
hardwork2
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine hangs off my trailer hitch. I lost my bell once and had a minor crash before I got home. someone had me another as soon as I got home. and guess what no more trouble Yet

Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Speed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

had one on my last bike, wife got me this for the glide:

Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ve got one on both bikes. One is a weird looking clown and the other is a Hog. They are mounted under the right floorboard.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought the bike Forman HD gave me one and I attached it on my oil cooler. The wife bought me one which looks like a shrine fezz and it is attached to the mirror..

Old 05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Ben E
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bells ain't stopping the idiot cager from pulling in front of me...nice story though. God bless and god speed.

Quick Reply: Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?