General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a gremlin bell given to me by one of my closest friends hanging from my bike. I wouldn't think of going out without it. I have also given out a couple. I would only give one to someone I cared very much for, and for whom the gesture would have some meaning.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:38 AM
liv2ride57
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the front right side of the lower portion of the frame. Won't ride without it.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:09 AM
orbit
Road Captain
Received 389 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
I put mine on the right side footborad bracket coz it makes more visible when parked. It was also easier getting this old sack of bones down there to install it.
Yep.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:24 AM
MattInFla
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some <redacted> piece of <redacted> stole the bell off my Road King while it was parked in a motel parking lot. Got a replacement, but that bell was cool.

Matt

Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

On Thanksgiving 11/26/09 I was stopped waiting for a guy to cross the street with his son.
A car pulled up behind my and stopped. All of a sudden there was a loud crash and the next thing I know my Geezer Glide was ripped out of my hands and I was launched up and over the trunk smashing into the pavement. The car that smashed into the one that took me out was driven by a woman who was on the phone and looking for her cigarettes she hit us in excess of 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone without ever touching her brakes.!!!!
I now have neck and shoulder injuries but had I not been launched from the saddle and stayed with the bike I would not be typing this right now. So far the estimate on my '06 Geezer Glide is in excess of $12,000.00. So it tells you what kind of hit it took.

I have no excuse to be alive right now, but I remember when I got hit and the bike fly out from under me I could swear I heard my bell ringing. Was it the bell or something else?

I don't know.

I do know I will always ride with one and make sure that anyone I give a damn about has one too!

Old 12-22-2009, 04:20 PM
chazzy
Cruiser

I've got one hanging from the frame under and behind the regulator. Last July my girlfriend and my parents got a bell for me since I bought a new bike. And because my parents have always said that I have an awsome guardian angel watching over me thru all the bad times, bad relationships, and a roll over accident which I only came out with a scrape on my knuckle they got a bell with a guardian angel on it. It has saved me twice already....once on a bike run where a deer decided to run out in front of me and my girlfriend and I had to hit the brakes really hard (ABS mind you) which we were alright, and then again going over the Blatnik Bridge coming from Duluth, MN to Superior, WI where a lady talking on her cell phone started merging into my lane when I was almost right beside her as I was passing her and I had to jam on my brakes again.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
binford6100
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I have one that was given to me and I have in turn given out several. I'm not the superstitious type, but why take any chances?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 PM
rshwetz
Cruiser

Just about everyone has a bell

Old 01-07-2010, 04:05 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yepper, at least on the Wide. Haven't titled & licensed the RKC yet; then I'll have to wait for younger bro to ding me.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got one as a christmas gift. Also bought a few for my friends and gave as gifts.

Quick Reply: Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?