General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Magos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got two - my first (which will prolly fall off next year) and my newest one given this year.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Jambon1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my Air Force Bell hanging from the frame at one of the lowest points on my bike. I was washing the scooter this weekend and saw that the bell had been totally mangled. Not sure when this happened or exactly what happened.

I must have been leaning a little too much in one of those mountain curves in Hot Springs.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Have one on my Ultra on the right side frame where it's not in the way of the motorcycle jack when I either need to change oil or wash my baby.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not the least bit supersticious, but do like the bells.
I have heard that you can't buy them for yourself so I waited for years for someone to give me one. Finally this year a friend bought me one when I bought my new FLHT.

I have the "Flames" one, but if I was to buy one it would be the 'Old Glory'.

It's as low to the ground just under the engine guard.

Last edited by CruzN; 12-09-2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: added
Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
retiznapuerco
Tourer

Hangin' about 5'' from the ground, a gift from my lovely wife....

Old 12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
utexasrider
Tourer

my neighbor gave me one. it was on my nightster before i sold it. i took it off and it is now on my nighttrain.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 PM
TRVSDAD
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not supersticious, don't have any friends, (just aquaintences) so I guess I'll wait until I get a friend and hope he or she thinks enough of me to buy me one.

Last edited by TRVSDAD; 12-09-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
vanlente
Advanced

Funny story, 3 years ago I took a ride to Alaska with my father in law and a bunch of friends. It was the longest ride I'd ever been on and my wife bought me and her dad a bell. Well my father in law bought the remaining riders bells so we'd all be blessed and come back in one piece. We ceremoniously all put them on together and in the same spot, right under the triple tree's. If you ever get a chance I highly recommend that you take a trip to Alaska. Like nothing you could ever imagine....one piece of forewarning I can offer is the ROADS SUCK! About 1/2 way through the trip after wondering what that damn clanking noise was every time I hit a big bump (which was ofter) I looked up front to see the nice dent in my fender from the bell. A quick check with all of the other riders and guess what we all had in common? Suffice to say every one of us will always remember that ride, especially since all of our front fender shows the battle scars. We did, however, all make it back in one piece!

Old 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
lowriderbry
Novice
Smile GOD is our safeguard!

The bell thing is cute, and it doesn`t hurt a thing. The real deal is we all need to ask GOD for safety, help us to make good decisions when we ride, and bring us home safely at the end of the day. I pray that prayer before I ever leave my driveway, and HE has been good and brought me home safe through many potentially deadly (not my fault) situations.
I give GOD all the praise glory and honor, for HE is good!

I pray that all of you would have a safe and enjoyable riding season in 2009!

GOD BLESS,

Bryan

Old 12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
jeff0628
2nd Gear

I have 3 on my new RG, and my wife has 2 on her new Deluxe. With each sale of the old bikes I would take them off and put them on mine or her's new bike, then pass a new bell to the new owner. It works for us and we won't ride without em. Little story about the bells.

Couple months ago we went riding through the mountains with a group and was going through some pretty tight corners whenever I noticed that my mom and dad were no longer behind us. I turned around and went back up and they had went down pretty hard and totaled their bike. While my mom was sitting there banged up she mentioned completely out of the blue that "well I guess the gremlin bell is just a dumb fairytell" and "a lot of good it did us here". My dad mentioned that several days prior to the ride he was working on the bike and had to take it off and forgot to put it back on for the ride. They rode a 1998 FXDWG and they had that bell on there for 10 years and this is the first accident they have ever had. Last week they bought a new Ultra and he had slipped while backing the bike up and layed it over, again before they could put the bell back on.

Needless to say he has put his old bell on the new bike as well as a new bell I bought and personally installed to maximize it's potential and so far no more problems.

Quick Reply: Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?