General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:34 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?

I have a bell but for a different reason. I don't believe the crap about the gremilins. My bell was given to me by a friend. It hangs off the frame just under the triple tree. It's a plain brass bell that lost it's dinger many years ago. My friend gave it to me after a co-worker crashed his day old motorcycle and was killed. No other rider or car was involved. He was green and screwed up. Everytime I clean my motorcycle I polish that old brass bell and think of my departed friend and co-worker.It has hung from two motorcycles that I've owned and it will hang frommany more.It means a lot to me.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:50 PM
debay
Tourer

Got one

Old 02-02-2007, 10:04 PM
FLWanderer
Cruiser

I got one as a gift this Christmas.....USN emblem.....mounted below regulator.......

"Legend has it that Evil Road Spirits have been latching themselves onto the motorcycles for as long
as there have been bikes on the road. These Evil Road Spirits are responsible for mechanical problems and bad luck along a journey.

Legend goes on to say that by attaching a small bel onto your bike, the Evil Spirits will become trapped inside the bell where the constant ringing drives them insane, making them lose their grip until they fall to the ground. (Ever wonder where pot-holes come from?)

Legend also has it that the mystery of the Guardian Bell carries twice as much power when it is purchased by a friend or loved one and given as a gift. "

Ride Safe, Ride Often.......

Old 02-02-2007, 10:57 PM
todd6751
Cruiser

i took mine from my passed mom's bike, along with the piece of ribbon on my backrest from her funeral ride. wish she could see me now on my SG. hey, mabye she can![sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 AM
apachethunder03
Cruiser

Installed one on my bike, rode to the corner stop sign and tipped the bike over. Tipped the bike over in the garage 2 more times since then. But between the 1st & 2nd the bell fell off.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:38 AM
LittlePigRider
Advanced

I specifically did a search on this topic of the bell. I had not heard of it untill my daughter's boyfriend mentioned it. Went right out and got one. Chrome with "Lady Rider" on it. Have it hanging under my right grip. Hopefully, it will be with me for life.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:38 AM
tjmac49
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guilty. I ride with a bell. Itwas installed prior to delivery by a friend at the dealership. I am unable to discern what is engraved on; itis hanging from the frame right below the voltage regulator. The one (Thank God) bike I wrecked did not have one. Ride safe fellas.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:44 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had only on the last two harleys I owned.
The one before this one had an eagle on it and it was hanging from the floorboard mount. The one I have now it has a Joker face on it. The first one a friend got it for me whilein Daytona and the second my brother in law got it for me locally.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:47 AM
MHRider
Cruiser

I have hear a few different thoughts of what to do with the bell. On my first bike and got one as given to me by my friend and put it on the bike and then later on I bought a Harley from co-worker and has the bell already on it and I ask the co-worker to see if you want it back and said no. It is still on the Harley from co-worker. So, I am trying to sell my first bike and should I leave the bell on it to pass on or take it off cuz it was given to me by my friend? What is the best properly way to do with the bells once it attached to the bikes? Pass it along or take it off for your next bike? [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 12-23-2007, 08:59 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing for me yet...

Quick Reply: Who Rides With A Guardian Bell?