Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern Performance.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:58 PM
zippyzz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern Performance.com

Just a heads up that as purchased some rhinehart eaglebeaks from this site and had a bad luck. The price was great but they put they wrong zip code on my address and the package keep going back to the wrong ups termanal . It took 3 plus weeks to get them to me then one had a huge dent in the side. They made me deal with bub industries myself. They had no more in stock at (bub industries) but easternpreformance had them in stock and would not send them out to me. TWO months later thats right TWO months later Bub indstries sent me my pipes . the people ateastern performance could not seem to understand or care why this upset me.WHATEVER HAPPEN TO CUSTOMER SERVICE ??

Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Eastern Performance.com

Sorry that happened to you but I know, from experience, that you were just an unlucky minority. I have purchased from EP several times and have never been anything but delighted with their service and turnaround time. As far as I'm concerned, they should serve as an example/model to all other online stores. For the most part, I just order stuff from them and it shows up 2 to 3 days later. But, as far as customer service is concerned, I bought a headlight from them and had questions that I emailed to them. Their responses to my questions were almost as quick as if I had a real-time chat going with them. I ordered a new tail light from the last Friday. Within 2 hours, I had an email saying it was shipped. Yesterday, Tuesday, UPS showed up with it. If there hadn't have been a weekend interrupting things, I would have had my item in 2 days from the moment I placed the order. Hard to beat that.

I'm sure that doesn't help make you feel any better but based on my experiences and anyone else's I've talked to here, they certainly don't deserve trashing (not that you were) in any way.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:47 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master

Sorry to hear about your bad luck zippy. I've ordered a few times from them, on their site and through ebay, and have nothing but good to say. I once called before placing a Paypal order on ebay to make sure it would ship in time for my trip and it went out within hours.

I'd think about giving them another try.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:56 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer

I have also had good luck ordering from EP. I live in MD so Everytime I order, it shows up the next day

Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM
zippyzz
Intermediate

Maybe so ; i don't mean to judge as i could of been the unlucky one like you stated. Was wondering if i was the only one. They had my money from day one and i've deault with many online venders nothing ever happen tome likequit like that . I don't see myself giving them another try but thats just me.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:02 PM
longboarder
Cruiser

Nothing but praise for E P here. BeforeI ordered my pipes from I had some questions so I called them up and spoke with Susan and she was most helpful. Pipes arrived in a matter of days and all was well. great people.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:05 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain

..no problem here,just got some Kurry peg's from them,less than a week to Ca.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: zippyzz

Maybe so ; i don't mean to judge as i could of been the unlucky one like you stated. Was wondering if i was the only one. They had my money from day one and i've deault with many online venders nothing ever happen tome likequit like that . I don't see myself giving them another try but thats just me.
If you do try them again, explain what happened and make sure all the bad info is eliminated from their system.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Twisted Humor

If you do try them again, explain what happened and make sure all the bad info is eliminated from their system.
Yep, it just sounds like human error, which anyone is capable of no matter who they work for, started a domino effect and you were the unlucky victim. Good luck finding many more people here that have had the same bad luck. As expected, when I came back to check this thread, everyone else who posted has had good experiences with EP.

Again, I've purchased from themseveral times, sometimes through ebay, and sometimes directly from their website and have had the indentical good experience every single time. I wish I could say that about some others that I've dealt with over the years. I've actually gotten to where, when I am looking for something motorcycle related on ebay, I'll look to see if they have it first because I know I can count on them.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:27 PM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't get all of these, I got what I ordered, I'm happy, great company, comments.

So, you got what you paid for.

As well you should.

It's when you have trouble and something goes wrong that you find out how good the company is.

You better hope everything goes well EVERY time.

This is not the first time this story has been told.

By the way, my money is on this thread getting locked pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Eastern Performance.com