General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern Performance.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:53 PM
zippyzz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Eastern Performance.com

thanks pal ; everything is great bikes ready to rock . with all these people saying they are happy maybe i'll try them again . Life goes on and were living on the right side of the dirt so everyday is a fun day. !!
PS. nice bike !!!

Old 04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What?

Read the man's post.

He said Eastern Performance put the wrong zip code on the package.

That alone should have warranted an immediate replacement of the pipes.

Futhermore, Eastern contracted with UPS to delivery un-damaged goods.

It should be their responsibility to deal with UPS.

I don't see a warranty issue.

The pipes probably got damaged from there world tour.

Open box, no open box........BS

Eastern has the responsibility to deliver un-damaged goods if that's what you paid for.

Do what you want with your money.

Bad customer service is a show stopper for me.

BTW, I have ordered from Eastern Performance before and got what I paid for.

I'm glad I didn't have a problem.

No more for me, there are too many choices.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:36 AM
zippyzz
Intermediate

That was exactly what I was trying to say this whole time. They did not have too butcould of taking the extra step to make it right for me and not have me resolve it myself and wait 3 months . They screwed up the zip code not me . Customer service doesn't mean what it use to. Thanks

Old 04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've ordered from them on several occasions with no problems but for once. That one time I informed them of a defective part and they offered no assistance other than to say....contact the manufacturer. This would seem to indicate they are clearly not consumer oriented. A small problem becomes a big problem and the consumer goes elsewhere, not a good business practice.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
lilrooster76
Tourer

Nothing but praises for them from me as well. I bought several winter mods from them after Christmas, they was quick to answer all my questions. I even emailed them about a part they do not have on their site, or on their ebay page. They said no problem and sent me a price, not only that but they shipped it for no additional charge along with the orders i placed on ebay that had free shipping! These guys do A-1 service, probably the best online service I have ever dealt with, and I do ALOT of online business

Old 04-10-2008, 10:26 AM
dumoore
Cruiser

Nothing but good experiences with E. P.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

The best of companies will have a glitch. For every complaint I've seen on HDF about Eastern (I believe this is #2 now) We've had hundreds of happy members, myself included. I'm sorry for your misfortune.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:20 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flying Horse

That one time I informed them of a defective part and they offered no assistance other than to say....contact the manufacturer.
I've purchased and opened a lot of merchandise (not necessarily bike related)in recent years and the first thing I saw was a piece of paper that says something like this "STOP! Do not return this item to the place of purchase if found to be defective, call this number - 1-800-whatever".A lot ofmanufacturers handle defect claims directly so that their sellers don't have to deal with them and can go about selling more merchandise. Right or wrong, like it or not, that's they way it is these days. The good ole days of taking something back to the "mom and pop" you bought it from are gone thanks to the mega-retailers. The way I see it, you can't necessarily blame EP for something like that.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:50 AM
rahall
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a difference between defective and damaged.

Defective = manufacturer

Damaged = seller

In either case; If you bought something from Walmart, for example, got home and found that it was defective or damaged, what would you do?

You would take it right back to the discount retailer and get another one or a refund, of course.

The only difference here is very bad customer service.

Plus, THEY screwed up on the shipment by putting the wrong zip code on the package.

The days of good customer service is gone only if we as consumers tolerate it.

Has anyone who has had a problem after the sale received good customer service?

If so, what was the problem and outcome?

Old 04-10-2008, 02:11 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: rahall

There is a difference between defective and damaged.

Defective = manufacturer

Damaged = seller
I disagree - defective= manufacturer, damaged= shipper (i.e. UPS/Fedex) if it was damaged in shipment. If it was damaged in the box, back to the manufacturer. And the poster I was quoting complained of a defective part, not a damaged one.

You guys don't have to buy from them if you don't want to (more parts available for me ). For me, past experience and reputation speaks for itself and I'm gonna ride the horse until I fall off of it. I ordered a new set of Progressive shocks from EP today and got an email notification that they were "shipped" less than an hour later. I've not gotten that from anyone else I've dealt with although I'm not saying everyone else is bad. If they get here and they were damaged in transit, I'm failing a claim with UPS, not EP, as you are supposed to. If they are defective or damaged inside the packaging, I'm going straight to Progressive, as I should.

Quick Reply: Eastern Performance.com