General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air dryer

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Air dryer

ORIGINAL: lrntowrench

I bought the metro blaster last year. One of the best purchases I've ever made. I now sort of wish I got the big model now, because I use it on my other vehicles as well. I would never use the leaf blower because I don't want some rock or debris to come flying out and smack into a new paint job.

Yeah, you gotta watch out with all those rocks floating around in the air just waiting to get sucked up and spit out of those leaf blowers...that's priceless...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 04-09-2008, 05:22 PM
lrntowrench
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

I bought the metro blaster last year. One of the best purchases I've ever made. I now sort of wish I got the big model now, because I use it on my other vehicles as well. I would never use the leaf blower because I don't want some rock or debris to come flying out and smack into a new paint job.

Yeah, you gotta watch out with all those rocks floating around in the air just waiting to get sucked up and spit out of those leaf blowers...that's priceless...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]
Yup, no way a 200mph blower can pick up a 1/4 oz piece of gravel when you're trying to blow off stuff like a chrome rear pulley, rear swingarm or chromed softail shocks. Na - couldn't happen ever. Also couldn't happen that for some peoplethat same blower is also a leaf vac, and that stuff has to go somewhere, right? If my old lady read your post she'd say you darned sure never picked up a vacuum cleaner

Old 04-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 394 Posts

Got me one of these from JC Whitney for only $49. Works great. No need to spend more.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Yup, no way a 200mph blower can pick up a 1/4 oz piece of gravel when you're trying to blow off stuff like a chrome rear pulley, rear swingarm or chromed softail shocks. Na - couldn't happen ever. Also couldn't happen that for some peoplethat same blower is also a leaf vac, and that stuff has to go somewhere, right? If my old lady read your post she'd say you darned sure never picked up a vacuum cleaner
Nope, haven't picked up a gravel in all these years, course I don't clean my bike or vehicles in a gravel pit or dirt lot...haven't used this blower for leaves since I bought it 20 years ago, a little common sense goes a long way...and since you're the one bringing up your old lady,I've been single for a lot of years now, and ifshesaw how nice I keep my house and myself, she'd be over here cleaning my bike using your air blower...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 156 Likes on 53 Posts

I've got the same one. I did a product review on it here about 3 yrs ago. I'd like to have the big floor model too but this one works just fine.

ORIGINAL: Geoff

Got me one of these from JC Whitney for only $49. Works great. No need to spend more.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:27 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

I've got the same one. I did a product review on it here about 3 yrs ago. I'd like to have the big floor model too but this one works just fine.

That's not bad, if the old leaf blower gave out, I could see picking up one of those...the price is right...

Old 04-09-2008, 10:22 PM
lrntowrench
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, haven't picked up a gravel in all these years, course I don't clean my bike or vehicles in a gravel pit or dirt lot...haven't used this blower for leaves since I bought it 20 years ago, a little common sense goes a long way...and since you're the one bringing up your old lady,I've been single for a lot of years now, and ifshesaw how nice I keep my house and myself, she'd be over here cleaning my bike using your air blower...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]
Nope, but if she read this post and knew where you lived she'd probably be kicking your a$$ with it. She gets downright ornery. I wonder, btw - if you don't use the blower for anything other than cleaning your bike how exactly is that different than getting the filtered blower? Interesting.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

Nope, but if she read this post and knew where you lived she'd probably be kicking your a$$ with it. She gets downright ornery. I wonder, btw - if you don't use the blower for anything other than cleaning your bike how exactly is that different than getting the filtered blower? Interesting.

Have her come on over, alot of guys have to pay extra $$ to have an ornery woman smackthem on the ***...[sm=laughingsmilie.gif]

and you're the one claiming the advantages of the filtered blower...I don't see any, and mine cost $20 at WalMart...

Old 04-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Eastern performance has it for $39.95 with free shipping!

http://www.easternperformance.com/in...roducts_id=767