General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coming into financial torubles may need to sell the bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:25 AM
bgismo20
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Coming into financial torubles may need to sell the bike

ORIGINAL: Redmondp

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

ORIGINAL: rickshog

tough crowd.. But it does look like you might be piling in some of your own money to make it happen.. Nothin a part time job cant fix. As for the title.. If you financed through a bank you can meet the new ownwer there and get a letter releasing the lien and itll all be good.
rick
Im looking for one as we speak but unfortunately MICHIGAN BLOWS! lol Our economy is shot & there are like 200 applicants for any job it seems. Thanks for the info.....
So does every other state in the US. The thing to do is stop letting the credit agency get bigger by cutting all your card's and credit in any way or formin half. Tell them all, I am mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. Our country has become a service country. We manufacture nothing anymore. It's all about the dollar. Show me the MONEY. GMAFB, WTF, OMG.

Here is the best bet for you. File Chapter 11, your rating/credit will suck for 7 years but, in the end you will come out smelling like a rose. It's the American way.

Life sucks but, it's not your fault. We all need to get off our asses and tell them that we run the country. Itmay be too late for that though.

I think I am close to a prospect now.
I will absolutely not file chapter 11, I have good credit (over 700) i have a house & other things, ive already cut up all my cards & such (probably too late though) now im working on payback, if i can get a 2nd job ill be good to go but ive been looking since summer (Only recently though have i been seriously hitting the pavement trying to get things done) My mortgage company underguessed my taxes& now the mortgage goes up $350/mo to pay for the escrow account,

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:26 AM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

May have to find someone who is willing, and can be approved, to take over your payments just to get out from under it. I'm thinking that would be easier than trying to sell it for more than you'd get.
I agree with this post. I have seen several adds in local papers with "take over payments". Sometimes you can find descent deals were others have the misfortune to have to sell. Beleive me, I have been down this road before, good luck to what ever you decide to do.....

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:26 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member

It's a long shot but a possibility. If you can find someone who will take over your payments it's a matter of taking that person to your lien holder (bank), having him fill out a loan application and if he's approved your problems are over.

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:34 AM
HDSTORMDANCER
Cruiser

A few years back I was hit with a bill which sent me in a tail spin. I had to come up with an extra 618.00 per month. Talk about freaking out. I had no recourse but to find extra jobs. I had four jobs on the go to make it work. The three other jobs were after my main job and half a day saturday. I would get home each night around 9pm. If the bike is worth the accessories then it is worth working for it. If there is no jobs in your area, which I find hard to believe then move to were there is work. My part time jobs paid minimum wage. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it in this world. My 2 cents.

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:36 AM
bgismo20
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: HDSTORMDANCER

A few years back I was hit with a bill which sent me in a tail spin. I had to come up with an extra 618.00 per month. Talk about freaking out. I had no recourse but to find extra jobs. I had four jobs on the go to make it work. The three other jobs were after my main job and half a day saturday. I would get home each night around 9pm. If the bike is worth the accessories then it is worth working for it. If there is no jobs in your area, which I find hard to believe then move to were there is work. My part time jobs paid minimum wage. You gotta do what you gotta do to make it in this world. My 2 cents.
There is work, I have some interviews this weekend, we shall see what happens, if didnt have a house Id move outta state in a HEARTBEAT! But the horror of trying to sell a house in MI is one im not ready to try to undertake, two mortgages is WAY worse that what ive got going on now.....

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:37 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

Sorry to hear this. I live in Michigan also. You can sell the bike, but you're going to have to pay off the difference if you can. With Michigan's economy probably the worst in the nation, unfortunately you're going to take a loss.

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:37 AM
bgismo20
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: whaap

It's a long shot but a possibility. If you can find someone who will take over your payments it's a matter of taking that person to your lien holder (bank), having him fill out a loan application and if he's approved your problems are over.
Certainly a longshot, I dont see it happening due to my loan term........

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:39 AM
bgismo20
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: barjbar

Sorry to hear this. I live in Michigan also. You can sell the bike, but you're going to have to pay off the difference if you can. With Michigan's economy probably the worst in the nation, unfortunately you're going to take a loss.
ebay is possible too, let someone else pick it up or pay to ship it.. lol I mean a loan for $5000 is easier to eal witht hen a loan for $20,000

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:41 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Refinanced your house for a long time and paid the bike off. You might get a better rate on your mortgage.

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:42 AM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member

Do you have a good insurance policy on the bike?

youmight just have to get the thing stolen [sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: Coming into financial torubles may need to sell the bike