General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycle

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default J&P Cycle

What's the verdict on ordering parts from J&P...Good or Bad.....There website is really slow to download..or is it just my computer!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default RE: J&P Cycle

J&P has awesome customer service IMO.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using J&P for years. Not always the cheapest, but like 1 said, customer service has always been tops. They are great ppl there.
And Momma worked at Dennis Jerk, but I still ordered a ton from J&P.
DK stopped handling parts older than EVO's, so I really stopped buying there, they don't have parts for my scoots.
J&P has a store in Sturgis, and it is comforting to know I can get "ol' iron" parts, in downtown Sturgis. And believe it or not, they have ALWAYS had anything I have needed for the pan, at the Sturgis store during the rally. That amazes me. So, ya, I can order from Jireh, or the others, save a buck or two,but where are they during Sturgis when I need a seal, or clutch bearing? Plus, I occassionally will work on bikes in the campground out there, and if they do not have the part, they get it there next day in most cases.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love em , in fact just got another 10 % off coupon in the mail

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree on the customer service. I had something on backorder when I moved. I changed the address on the account, but it did not transfer over to open orders. When they sent the part to the old address, I called and they sent one out that day, overnight, without question.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like them. They are pricey and shipping & handlingcost are really high. I can get the same merchandise somewhere else and with cheaper shipping. The last time I was going to buy orings, the shipping was a lot more than the orings. What could be shipped in an envelope with a stamp was going to come by parcel post at a more expensive price tag.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I've purchased a few items from them and they've always been good about my orders. Their tech's handled all my questions as well. I've also done a lot of shopping with M & M Cycles and they've been 10+ with me over the past few years.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I love their glossy catalog. I use it to check out the junk I want to buy and then get it somewhere else because their prices are generally too high and their shipping costs is definitely too high.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
jbhoyle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try www.jirehcycles.com. I have found them to cheeper most of the time, great service and free shipping over $75.00.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Cats RKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought a few things from them and will probably buy more. Like xxxflhrci said, I love their catalog, it's like a big toy book. I keep one at work and look at it quite a bit. Plus all my Harley friends at work are always coming over and looking something up which usally turns into some pretty good talk about bikes, rides, girls etc. etc....

Quick Reply: J&P Cycle