General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's gotten ticketed for LOUD PIPES?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:10 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Who's gotten ticketed for LOUD PIPES?

Just got off the phone with the same friend who I was talking about got his azz kciked last week. Well, he was telling me he has been pulled over 5 times for LOUD PIPES. I am yet to see this bike but he says he has drag pipes. If it were me I would at least get some pipes that weren't quite as loud, or maybe even tone down the way I ride. I guess he probably has no self control on the bike. Oh well...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Who's gotten ticketed for LOUD PIPES?

A friend of mine did... but he had it coming. Riding through town, straight pipes and blipping and reving the throttle.

Served him right. He gives responsible bikers a bad name.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Just got off the phone with the same friend who I was talking about got his azz kciked last week. Well, he was telling me he has been pulled over 5 times for LOUD PIPES. I am yet to see this bike but he says he has drag pipes. If it were me I would at least get some pipes that weren't quite as loud, or maybe even tone down the way I ride. I guess he probably has no self control on the bike. Oh well...
Drag pipes??? No shizit he got pulled over, he deserves it.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:17 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior

Nice looking avatar.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain

Thanks, yours doesn't look to bad either....lol....like minds huh.....lol

Old 04-07-2008, 01:29 PM
sbdynafan
Tourer

I have had 2 in socal and both were from being stoped for totally seperate reasons:

1st one was because I stoped on the side of the freeway to zip up my jacket, but I didn't realize I had just pasted a cop sitting behind the toll booth, she lurked up behind me as I was rezipping my jacket (it came unzipped and was not working right). Walks up, says "where is your fastpass?" I say in my pocket... she says "well it didn't read when you went through the toll lane, I am going to have to give you a ticket for not having your fast pass properly mounted on the vehicle" and I see those aren't stock pipes? me: um... Ok? she says "well I am going to ticket you for not having EPA/CARB approved exhaust"
To make a long story not so long, she gave me the ticket but I beat both of them because there is no law or regulation stated by the toll roads like that and the judge threw out the whole thing.

2nd one was for speeding (and of course he added the exhaust ticket to it) and I beat that because the judge appreciated me beeing honest and admitting to speeding. But I travel that road every single day and they had just started construction that day and I convinced the judge that officer was speed trapping motorist that weren't slowing down in the very short warning time, for this construction zone that was poorly marked. he threw the whole thing out but of course in both cases I had to show up for the court date, sit for 3 hours and then pay a $10 court fee...

Old 04-07-2008, 01:35 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior

Nicely done sir!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Diavolo
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one for disputing with a cop that my Apes were legal. So I got nailed for the bars and the pipes...along with him calling in back-up. What a *****!

Anyway, for the Apes ticket, I took a pic of me on the bike with the bars pulled down a bit showing that they were lower than my hands. For the pipes I printed out a modified Ebay receipt showing that the pipes had baffles in them (they don't). Because the ticket for the bars was foolish and the fact that the cop is known for writing a ridiculous amount of tickets, both tickets were dismissed. I didn't even need to hang around for it. One of the judges cronies talked to me before the case was called and took care of it for me.

Lesson learned, next time he or any other dip$hit pulls me over to just let them write me the ticket and just beat it in court. Otherwise the cops panties will get all bunched up and to prove his manhood he'll have to write me other tickets...and call in back-up because he's scared I might hurt him. Jeez, what a freakin' wimp!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hopefully that cop doesn't read these forums.....then he will know that honesty doesn't go far with you. The "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth"??

That applies to documents you present in your defense also.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Diavolo

I got one for disputing with a cop that my Apes were legal. So I got nailed for the bars and the pipes...along with him calling in back-up. What a *****!
WOW, you knowingly break two laws and have the ***** to call the cop a *****?

Sounds like the cop was doing his job and you just didn't like it.

I have never gotten pulled over.

Loud is nice, but if you are buying pipes JUST to be loud then don't be surprised when the cops hassle you.

Quick Reply: Who's gotten ticketed for LOUD PIPES?