General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Branson, MO - Too many people

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Branson, MO - Too many people

I spent the weekend in Branson, MO.

I went with the family so I couldn't ride down...but did trailer the bikes (my Road King & custom Softtail) so that I could try to get out for a while.

Very nice weather, lotsa bikes out Sunday. Had a bike show (of sorts) that I saw going on as I was leaving, but didn't get to stop. Very nice roads to hit near the dam...and I was able to verify the transmission on the RK is right since my rebuild. All-in-all, it was kinda nice.

Only two downsides...

Too many people - strip was clogged with traffic. The 'tourist season' has not really started yet and there were a LOT of people out slowing traffic.

Saw a biker down - Sportbike rider on the strip mixed it up with a car (guess who lost). Again, too much traffic. Not trying to discriminate based on age - but there are a LOT of old folks driving around. Be careful if you head down there.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:58 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Branson, MO - Too many people

My wife and I went their back in 1992 and I was overwhelmed by the amount of people there. Couldn't get out of town fast enough. I can only guess what it's like today !!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
MarkandMary
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jumpman

I spent the weekend in Branson, MO.

I went with the family so I couldn't ride down...but did trailer the bikes (my Road King & custom Softtail) so that I could try to get out for a while.

Very nice weather, lotsa bikes out Sunday. Had a bike show (of sorts) that I saw going on as I was leaving, but didn't get to stop. Very nice roads to hit near the dam...and I was able to verify the transmission on the RK is right since my rebuild. All-in-all, it was kinda nice.

Only two downsides...

Too many people - strip was clogged with traffic. The 'tourist season' has not really started yet and there were a LOT of people out slowing traffic.

Saw a biker down - Sportbike rider on the strip mixed it up with a car (guess who lost). Again, too much traffic. Not trying to discriminate based on age - but there are a LOT of old folks driving around. Be careful if you head down there.
You think you have a bunch of elderly people there, try driving US19 through St. Petersburg, Clearwater, New Port Richey Florida. To many blue hairs here. I shouldn't complain to much, I am not to far behind them...lol...

Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

branson out grew itself in the early 70 when all the music theaters and silver dollar city were built. being on a ridge there is no way to widen the streets to accomodate all the traffic. there is no tourist season, it's year round just like gatlinburg and pigeon forge.