General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indiana Woman Dead After Hitting Husband's SUV

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:23 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Indiana Woman Dead After Hitting Husband's SUV

ORIGINAL: davidtn

[align=left]I agree on not stopping for an animal. When I was a school kid, I rode a private bus to school as I attended city schools and they didn't provide bus service. On more than one occasion, the lady who drove ourbus stated that she wasn't going to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting an animal. Her concern for our safety was greater thanher concern for whatever animal might stray into the road. At the time I thought it was sorta heartless as she did hit a dog on more than one occasion. Looking back at it I now realize she probably saved us from being involved in a wreck on multiple occasions. PETA be damned. Human life is much more important.[/align]
Sad situation, Im not hip on peta, but I'll go out of the way, this side of crashing to avoid hitting an animal. So be alert and ready for anything. My basset hound of 7 years got off his line, was run over as I was running and yelling for him to come back. I seen the s-10 coming, he didnt even slow down and had all the time in the world to stop, and even seen what I was trying to do, and kept going. Hopped in my truck and ran him down. Forced him to stop. He got out of his truck and started saying how sorry he was. I told him if he was sorry he would not have kept going. Ya'll dont even want to know what I comensed to doing next. I really do feel bad for her and her family though.