General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Hit Some Pussy Last Night

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008 | 12:59 PM
dynamike74
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default I Hit Some ***** Last Night

I was riding home last night from a friend's house on a road that was just off the main drag. It's a curvy little road and a lot of fun to ride. It was pretty dark outside, as it was about 9 pm, but the streetlights and houses kept it from being pitch dark.

I came around a curve and noticed a couple of people running across the street. I immediately went into defensive mode. I covered my front brake and throttled down. Since they were the only real threat I saw, I got out of defensive mode when they crossed the street.

That was when it happened.

A dark grey streak shot out in front of me and I heard a thud. I hit something! It had to have been an animal.

I turned around and went back to the scene of the crime and saw a cat lying in the middle of the road and these two teenage girls standing there in shock. The girls had their hands over their mouths and the cat was lying there bleeding from its hip and was having a hard time breathing. I looked up at the girls and could tell it wasn't one of their's.

One of the girls said, "It's not dead! Let's help it!"

"Are you going to take it to the vet?" I asked.

"No," she replied.

"Well, then I need to finish it off. It's just going to lay here and suffer."

"Don't kill it until we leave, ok?"

The girls left and I was standing there in the middle of the road with this cat bleeding from its hip and struggling to breath. I really wish I had my pistol. Now, I would have to find some large rock and smash its head in.

That's when the cat sprang up and using it's two front legs as best as it could ran off to the side of the road!

I was convinced the cat was feral and would only suffer a long drawn out death if I left it. There were loads of large rocks on the side of the road that the cat went to. All I had to do now was work myself up to finishing the task.

Then a town maintenance worker stopped and asked if I was alright. I told him what had happened and asked if he could take a look and help. When he got out of his truck to take a look, the cat drug itself under a car. I told the guy that I thought it might live, but if it did, it would do it right there for only a few days. The car was parked at a residence and I didn't like the idea of some little boy or girl waking up to find a cat dying under their mom's car and then these people having to take care of it.

The guy told me he had a shovel and we could fish it out from under the car to get a better look.

When we tried to pull it out, the cat drug itself to the other side of the car and out from underneath it. The guy agreed that the cat was in dire straits and that it would be better to kill it than go away. I took the shovel and gave one good whack to the head. It died immediately.

We scooped it up and took it to the other side of the road where we gave it a makeshift burial.

For a couple of minutes, I was sick to my stomach and felt bad for the cat. But as I got to thinking about it more and more, I become convinced that this cat's misfortune was the fault of these little girls. They were chasing it across the street when I first saw them and it shot back across the other way when I hit it. If these girls had left it alone, that cat would be alive right now.

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:17 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: I Hit Some **** Last Night

Dude,tell me your not going to hunt the girls down and hit them with a shovel.

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:24 PM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

Sounds to me like a story I would have kept to myself.

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:27 PM
dynamike74
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Lincoln33

Dude,tell me your not going to hunt the girls down and hit them with a shovel.
No plans are currently on the drawing board for such actions.

I generally don't like cats, but not enough to rejoice over one's death.

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:47 PM
Fat Henry
Road Warrior

Dude, same thing only different happened to me and I got a $500.00 fine.

I was riding along in the evening and ran over a cat and cut his tail off.

Now my wife is a nurse and I remember her talking about the quicker you sew a severed limb back on the better the chances are of saving it.

So I decided I would sew its tail back on. I had a sewing kit for emergencys in my saddle bags.

So I was able to pick the critter up. cause he was just sitting there licking the stub where his tail was. I grabbed the Tail and commenced to sewing. This cat had no Idea I was helping him and it was a battle.

Bout then a Deputy stopped I'm thinking he pobably has had some first aid training and is gonna help me, But NO! He wrote me a citation right then and there.

I guess the state of Iowa has some stupid law about retailing pu$$y on the Highway.

Old 04-06-2008 | 01:50 PM
RMBLON
Road Captain

I think you handled everything like a decent person would have. I too don't like cats, but I don't want to see one hurting. I am glad to hear you are OK, I have never hit anyting with the bike, but I am sure even a cat could puta rideron the pavement. Ride Safe!!!

Old 04-06-2008 | 02:16 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

Fat Henry your a sick sick man

Old 04-06-2008 | 02:16 PM
incrediblah
Advanced

ORIGINAL: BLade1127

+1... So basically you ran over a cat and then killed it with a shovel.

What was the point of telling this story? I'm sure some people would have appreciated it if you actually tried to help the thing. Your version of the story was just a bit unsettling and nothing more.

Old 04-06-2008 | 02:26 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: incrediblah

ORIGINAL: BLade1127

+1... So basically you ran over a cat and then killed it with a shovel.

What was the point of telling this story? I'm sure some people would have appreciated it if you actually tried to help the thing. Your version of the story was just a bit unsettling and nothing more.
+1
but to put a safteytheme to this.....you are lucky that you did not blow a tire. i was on a road trip with my wife in new mexico where we ran over a road kill (fresh one..prairrie dog i think) a bone lodgged itself into my rear tire and a few miles down the road it blew out, and so did my tire i was fortunate it was the rear and not the front tire because i was able to stop easily with out incident. had it been a front tire blow out at 80, i may have been road kill.

Old 04-06-2008 | 02:55 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Would have rather not read this story. But then again I hate cats!!!

Quick Reply: I Hit Some Pussy Last Night