General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Something . . .

first attracted you to the bike you chose. What was it? For me, though a small thing, it was that Tombstone Tail light. Thought it was the mutt's nuts [:-]- no offence to the ladies in-the-house. Then I saw the rest of the bike, and that was that.
What caught your eye?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:24 PM
harleybodei
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something . . .

The fact that I could pack up all my gear and ride for hundreds of miles in one day.
That was the major factor for buying my ride.

Old 04-05-2008, 02:27 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year I new I wanted a Harley. The only name I new was the Fat Boy. I went to the dealership and didn't realize how many options there were. I still just new because of the name the Fat Boy would be the best and coolest. After a year and 6000 miles later I realized the Fat Boy was not for me. I saw the Street Glide a couple months ago and said that was it!!! The bags, stereo, 6 gallon tank, nice low ride, and it just freakin looked cool. I'll be ejoying her for years to come!!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

dr - what didn't you like about the Fat Boy? I sorta had the same experience. A couple of seasoned riders were watching me try on a few bikes and kept saying "the Fat Boy, try the Fat Boy". I did, and felt like I was being splayed out in all directions - arms pulled foward and out, legs pushed apart, I felt like I was being dissected lol.

?8^o

Old 04-05-2008, 02:47 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always thought the Night Train was the coolest Harley goin' since they came out...clean, lean & mean, the way a Harley was meant to be...at least mine...this bike is my keeper...

Old 04-05-2008, 02:50 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bike was owned by a friend and it was always reliable needing no maintenance.....my 1st B-T...No lookin' back and no regrets!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

I chose the Fat Boy, in my opinion it was the best looking bike out there at the time, 1998. Once I started touring the country I realized I needed something different, more storage, etc. I decided to go with the Street Glide and couldn't be more happy. I always told myself I wouldn't ever own a bike with a ferring, once I laid eyes on the Street Glide I ate my words.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:05 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You got that right! My next ride is gonna be a bagger.....Now that I'm an old fart I find the need to bring more things along for the ride...Just 20-years ago all I needed was the Sporty and the clothes on my back....Age makes one helluva difference!

Old 04-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Al_07WG
Cruiser

A whole lot of years ago a friend of my brothers had a black Wide Glide. I don't know exactly what year it was but it was a shovel. All I know is, from the first time I saw that low, long, mean looking ride I knew if/when I finally got a Harley it would be a WG. All these years later I finally pulled the trigger on my first HD and no other model was even in the running. Oh sure, I looked at and sat on a number of othermodelsbut nothing even came close to changing my mind. For me, the Dyna Wide Glide is the cats meow, period.

I got exactly what I've dreamed of all these years andapparently not a minute to soon since the DWG is going away and the 08 paint just doesn't do it for me.

Al.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

All these years later I finally pulled the trigger on my first HD and no other model was even in the running. For me, the Dyna Wide Glide is the cats meow, period.

I got exactly what I've dreamed of all these years andapparently not a minute to soon since the DWG is going away and the 08 paint just doesn't do it for me.
Same here. But I'm only 30 - so the 'dreamed of all these years' has a different ring to it...

Quick Reply: Something . . .