General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deals Gap is For Sale !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:21 AM
towboattrash34
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deals Gap is For Sale !!!

Yep, the rumor is true, and its not a hoax. The store is in fact for sale. Brad and Beth need to get to a more populated area for the benefit of their children, and they are selling the place. Please dont email me asking what the price is, or how to get all the info. THere is info on the homepage and you can follow up from there. As much as I hate to see them go, I totally understand why. All of our love to you both and we will miss you when you go.

http://www.dealsgap.com/

http://web.mac.com/bradandbeth/for_sale/Home.html

Old 04-05-2008, 03:31 AM
jblksmith1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deals Gap is For Sale !!!

Time for me to hit the lottery...

Old 04-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Ugly Troll
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jblksmith1

Time for me to hit the lottery...
Think about that just for a moment............would you rather be out riding, or tied down to some resort/store that everyone expects to be open when they get there? All those warm sunny days watching all the bikes roaring in and out..........all those curves to be ridden...........I don't think that's what I'd do with MY lottery winnings!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

Ben's a smart business man, he had a taste last year of the in crease in police presents. If they step it up again this year, they will turn Ben's resort into a sight seeing ghost town. The resort is designed for bikers not mom and pa sight seeing. The resort depends on the business of all thge sport riders and with out that the business would not support the business.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:42 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

would he take 100K for it..?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the state needs to re-evaluate the behaviour, if not the presence, of the LEO's. If you drive anywhere in a 30-mile radius of the Dragon, you see how much the tourism affects income. Dragon everything, everywhere. All the spots, shops, restaurants, etc, all are making their money off of this area. Even riding into Tellico, I saw signs at restaurants "bikers welcome", or "bikers stop here".

Cut that off, and you are killing the inflow of a large amount of tourist $$$. I know I cancelled one of the weeks I was going down there because of all the LEO hoopla. I'm not driving for 14 hours to get hassled by the cops. I can do that here at home.

Cannon

PS - I saw a real estate sign down there last week for just around the corner on 129 - approx 5 acres for sale - $80,000!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:07 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdoghd

Ben's a smart business man, he had a taste last year of the in crease in police presents. If they step it up again this year, they will turn Ben's resort into a sight seeing ghost town. The resort is designed for bikers not mom and pa sight seeing. The resort depends on the business of all thge sport riders and with out that the business would not support the business.
I'd say you hit the nail on the head!!! Not to mention the fact if they ever do any road work or such to the gap that they have talked about,, it would kill the business as well.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the first time the place has changed hands. I just hope whoever buys it is able to keep up the tradition! Best of luck to them (whoever they wind up being) and to all who keep them up and running!

Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Philt
Road Master

I think they are tired of all them danged motorcicles in their front yard! LOL! [sm=biker2.gif]
Phil

Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

how people on this forum?....let's all chip in and buy it ourselves!

Quick Reply: Deals Gap is For Sale !!!