General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toughguy or not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Xtreme
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toughguy or not?

Im sorry youre friend got hurt, but when you were them support shirts you need to really support that club or dont wear that shirt, cause you never know when someone may call you on it.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:28 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

I never really thought of CA as a place to get your butt kicked. Always that Pretty People image you guys have but, LA is pretty rough come to think of it. Sometimes a subtle change to one's self is a way in your own mind to make a change you've been wanting to for some time. Unfortunate that it happened the way it did but, maybe another road to recovery for your friend in his mind. I mean it with the utmost respect to you and your friend.
Oakland, Stockton? I could keep going...

Old 04-05-2008, 07:58 PM
mcpastor
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get the shaving and the "I aint no tough guy thing" instead of just wearing a different T-shirt. I think the average guy would be angry, then feel blessed he survived. Then the bragging rites would come. 'Course the trip to the dentist could be what finished him off!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 PM
coltsfan
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: da_big_Guy

My brother was in one of the big MC clubs and gave me a support shirt but I never wore it for this reason. Ifigured it wasn't worth the potential trouble it could cause, the same way I feel about joining a club. To each his own but do I really need to fight, watch my back, etc becausesomeone is in a different club than me?Jeez, get over it. Anyway, lesson learned, most trouble can be avoided if you think a little bit ahead. I can see that to some uninformed people the MC club thing is more like a game, like the doof clenas gang, or a sports team choice where you wear you fav team's colors, but as this thread proves there are people who take it deadly serious.
I don't know, I have seen and read about quite a bit of trouble from wearing the other than home town sports jerseys. Not in Indianapolis though, we are pretty civilized sports fans around here. NowTennessee or Jacksonville.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: FX4

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

I never really thought of CA as a place to get your butt kicked. Always that Pretty People image you guys have but, LA is pretty rough come to think of it. Sometimes a subtle change to one's self is a way in your own mind to make a change you've been wanting to for some time. Unfortunate that it happened the way it did but, maybe another road to recovery for your friend in his mind. I mean it with the utmost respect to you and your friend.
Oakland, Stockton? I could keep going...
I hear ya loud and clear. Sometimes I lose sight of the big city stuff since I'm never around it.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:36 PM
skiahh
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: oldairboater

M/C mentality is club mentality. Several support clubs in my area and one dominate M/C. They don't seem to go out of their way to start trouble but they have the potential at any time. The only advice I can give someone about m/c's is to remember they are family and you are not. Even if you win a confrontation you would still lose eventually. I would not wear anyone's support shirt. That is a suckers bet. You don't belong to the club and all you did was purchase a shirt. I wouldn't think you are cool---I would think you are a dumba-- or a want to be.
Bull... it's a GANG mentality. And criminal at that. Protect "their" terrirory, their colors and anything else they consider theirs. Not much better than animals, really (canines, big cats, bugs, birds etc... they all protect their territiry)... humans don't beat others up for a stupid T-shirt regardless of what it says.

And for 3 guys to gang up on one is cowardly, too boot.

Just stupid. Be it motorcycle club members, sports fans with the wrong team jersey or anything else.

It's criminal, petty, animalistic and just plain stupid. I'll keep the patches on my jacket to cruises, campaigns and aircraft I've flown.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:52 PM
harleydude68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: coltsfan

ORIGINAL: da_big_Guy

My brother was in one of the big MC clubs and gave me a support shirt but I never wore it for this reason. Ifigured it wasn't worth the potential trouble it could cause, the same way I feel about joining a club. To each his own but do I really need to fight, watch my back, etc becausesomeone is in a different club than me?Jeez, get over it. Anyway, lesson learned, most trouble can be avoided if you think a little bit ahead. I can see that to some uninformed people the MC club thing is more like a game, like the doof clenas gang, or a sports team choice where you wear you fav team's colors, but as this thread proves there are people who take it deadly serious.
I don't know, I have seen and read about quite a bit of trouble from wearing the other than home town sports jerseys. Not in Indianapolis though, we are pretty civilized sports fans around here. NowTennessee or Jacksonville.
[sm=icon_quiet.gif][sm=smiley35.gif] I'm not going to say anything about your civilized sports fans in Indy.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:34 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

"It continues to amaze me how some people get worked up over a patch or shirt or whatever. F^cking criminals is what your friend ran into. The gangbanger mentality is lived by retards,child molesters and rectal warts. And the worst part is so many on the HDF actually worship criminals.
I hope your friend is alright."

Roger, That!

Seems like something akin to the sophomoric worrying about someone wearing a green shirt on Thursday or having a "fairy hook" on a shirt! I know there are folks who are so lacking in purpose, self-esteem, and/or direction in life, but the reality is... we're all looking for (essentially) the same thing in life. The odds are, for EACH of us, that "Old Age" is going to take its' toll before any of us actually find our individual "Bliss".

Far better, as life has taught me, to find a commonality with one another and use that brotherhood to enhance the common quest! Life is too short to engage in elementary Bull *****!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: skiahh

ORIGINAL: oldairboater

M/C mentality is club mentality. Several support clubs in my area and one dominate M/C. They don't seem to go out of their way to start trouble but they have the potential at any time. The only advice I can give someone about m/c's is to remember they are family and you are not. Even if you win a confrontation you would still lose eventually. I would not wear anyone's support shirt. That is a suckers bet. You don't belong to the club and all you did was purchase a shirt. I wouldn't think you are cool---I would think you are a dumba-- or a want to be.
Bull... it's a GANG mentality. And criminal at that. Protect "their" terrirory, their colors and anything else they consider theirs. Not much better than animals, really (canines, big cats, bugs, birds etc... they all protect their territiry)... humans don't beat others up for a stupid T-shirt regardless of what it says.

And for 3 guys to gang up on one is cowardly, too boot.

Just stupid. Be it motorcycle club members, sports fans with the wrong team jersey or anything else.

It's criminal, petty, animalistic and just plain stupid. I'll keep the patches on my jacket to cruises, campaigns and aircraft I've flown.

+1

Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

Matter of time [sm=lockeddance.gif] It is,what it is.

Quick Reply: Toughguy or not?