Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cape fear swap meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default cape fear swap meet

tommorow saturday theres a swap meet in fayetteville nc at cape fear hd i am going to try to take my lot of stuuf and try to make some dollars and clean my garage out. anyone else going there. my nieghbor might go to with me hes got old truimph and hd parts he wants to sell my big item is fatcats which i hope to get 175 for because there scratch. Anyone else going or know more bout it
thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/22242/103D2A63BAD246C5AE0D26AC3B64F751.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-04-2008, 01:22 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: cape fear swap meet

I am going to try. I have a few dyna items. But the weather is lookin like crap. I wonder if they'll have any covered areas available?? Only bad thing is, if I bring my stuff, I won't be riding. Don't think it's gonna be a good day for it anyway.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:36 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck with that

Old 04-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll be there. got a jacket or two, some take offs and a couple of seats for a deuce I traded in a few years back. There is a bit of cover out front but no telling if you'll be able to get under it. worth a shot i guess.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

if weather is good wife can bring car might keep my stuff in the station wagon my neighbor is ready to go. theres a spot out front and around if i remember. I dont know the weather might not be that bad but its still up in the air depends on how fast it moves tonight might be a nice late after noon at times. I just wish the wind would blow everything south instead of north east. but still learning the weather down here it seems like everything sweeps through right here that comes from the gulf. Ive been watching the radar the last couple of hours and i wouldnt be suprised if we get some nice dry weather in spots just depends how fast it blows tonight

Old 04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

zzzzit rained didnt sell anything so we left at noonish but did pick up a nice set of staggard drags 1 3/4 with sheilds for the standard many looked at my S&S super e I was selling for 200 or some kinda trade for a 44 cv. my neighbors truely old spun springer front was looked at a bunchh but took it. The other set ups were neat and nice we just had are stuff on the ground were we sat. i think we had the most older stuff but the weather was bad and bad turnout they should have one every month when theres good weather. My neighbors putting everything on ebay tonight so maybe we can make enough for our trip to the horse smokeout or some other little weekend trip. does anyone know of any more swap meets this month around fayettvile NC I really enjoy them even though I am 25 dollars in the whole by wife standards

Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

Evil was that you there with the tranny ?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Sgt Mac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, had couple of seats down on some towels. made 60 bucks. any luck?

Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

not a penny, we were the ones down by service had alot of lookers but no bites I honestly think we were selling things to cheap and we had to many stuff for older bikes. If i knew which one you were I would have introduce myself and my freinds. I ended up -25 dollars I bought a set of nice pipes for 25 from the guy set up next to Robs bike he has for sale. That guy was pretty cool. I remember seeing the seats you were in the middle by the guy with the tranny for sale right? good to hear you made some money. i wish it didnt rain did more people come afternoon

Old 04-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw you HDpearson, saw you last week too, you were sittin' in the grass at the Kangaroo on the corner of Cliffdale and Skibo.

Quick Reply: cape fear swap meet