General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 2 103 denied { update}

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stage 2 103 denied { update}

well I payed for the stage 2 103 kit when I bought my fat bob and have had nothing but bs ever since . today I called the dealer and ask where is my kit and the other accesories I ordered . they told me they got a bulletin last week that harley had discontinued the stage two kit for all 08 dynas and that my other stuff was there but they were just waiting put it on with the stage two kit .WTF almost 12 weeks they have close to 2000 dollars worth of my money and parts and cant even give me a phone call to say hey come get your windshield and luggage rack or were sorry but we cant get your parts. then to top it off they wanted to give me a gift certificate equal to the price of the stage two kit so I told them to put the screaming eagle pipes and heavy breather air cleaner kit on it along with a race tuner and then we could talk about the difference , they told me they couldnt do that either it would void my warranty . so why the hell do they sell that stuff if you cant put it on your bike. I told them that I am coming tommorow to get parts and cash money for what is not there , I dont want any gift card and I dont want another damn t-shirt or fluffy trinket . im 49 years old and should of knowed better any time something seems to be to good to be true , it normally is. some times the shiney stuff blinds our common sense.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: stage 2 103 denied

go aftermarket.... try www.gmrperformance.com

Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jwb47

well I payed for the stage 2 103 kit when I bought my fat bob and have had nothing but bs ever since . today I called the dealer and ask where is my kit and the other accesories I ordered . they told me they got a bulletin last week that harley had discontinued the stage two kit for all 08 dynas and that my other stuff was there but they were just waiting put it on with the stage two kit .WTF almost 12 weeks they have close to 2000 dollars worth of my money and parts and cant even give me a phone call to say hey come get your windshield and luggage rack or were sorry but we cant get your parts. then to top it off they wanted to give me a gift certificate equal to the price of the stage two kit so I told them to put the screaming eagle pipes and heavy breather air cleaner kit on it along with a race tuner and then we could talk about the difference , they told me they couldnt do that either it would void my warranty . so why the hell do they sell that stuff if you cant put it on your bike. I told them that I am coming tommorow to get parts and cash money for what is not there , I dont want any gift card and I dont want another damn t-shirt or fluffy trinket . im 49 years old and should of knowed better any time something seems to be to good to be true , it normally is. some times the shiney stuff blinds our common sense.
Go back in .. be real nice until they give you you're money back.

Then tell them to go f^ck themselves. Then get a place with a few less a55sholes to do the stage1 if you still want it.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:00 PM
onephsyco1
Road Captain

That sucks !
From knowing you for awhile , I am sure you will get your money back !!!
Did they say what the issue is that they cant do the build ?

Jack

Old 04-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Gutman
Road Master

This was issued to dealers 24 March 08. 11 days age.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

Is this the same with every Harley-Davidson dealer? All I ever hear on this forum is people who have had grief with their dealer. I have the same story. I deal with the one in Kitchener, Ontario, because it is the only one near by. The next closest one for me that is easiest to get to is in London, and they're owned by the same people.

I can go into Kitchener Harley-Davidson and stand in an empty dealership for 1/2 hour before one of them even says anything to me. If I come in with the part numbers for what I want to order, there is some confusion between what I tell the parts guy & what he physically writes down, because they get it wrong. I even hand them a piece of paper with the correct numebrs, and they screw it up.

They are not friendly in the least, and do not want to help you whatsoever. I don't know even what the point is of this place. I have never in my 20 years of riding had a problem at any Jap dealership, whether I was a regular customer or not. Hell; I was just at GP Bikes in Ajax because a friend of mine was picking up some stuff - the salesman asked me if I needed help, and I told him I was just window shopping today. He sat and chatted with me the whole time I was there about Ducati stuff. I can walk into Performance Cycle in Cambridge and simply ask for product information, and the salespeople will take the time to help me out.

Why is it that with the most expensive, prestigious brands of vehicles, period, that are the Harley trademark, that you get such lousy service and treatment from any of them? The only time I have ever seen worse service after paying a high price for something that you get all screwed up, is when you purchase a new home.

Hence the reason I do all the work myself, and stick with ordering on-line. Dennis Kirk treats me well. Kuryakyn treats me well. HogPro treats me well.

That's my 2 cents rant for today. Guess I shouldn't have brought a thermos of coffee to work this evening.

Cannon

Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

on the Positive side,,,, in northern NY,, ya can get what ya want when ya want it...
NO PROBS!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:33 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

Why did they discontinue the stage 2 for Dyna's? Never heard this before.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had somewhere else to go I'd cancel the whole order, get the refund andbuy elswhere. Like the others I'd like to know why they discontinued the stage 2 kit.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:51 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

We have our EPA to thank for all this BS.

Put the money in your pocket, do the Stage 1, and ride it until the warranty expires. If you need more power, twist the throttle. I know this sounds simple but how may folks use all the power of their stock bike??? I would avoid most of the aftermarket suppliers unless you fully research them. There has been horror story after horror story of folks who have had nothing but problems. Th 98 inch kits for the 88s had problems with rings sealing.

Just my .02. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: stage 2 103 denied { update}