General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 2 103 denied { update}

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:40 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: stage 2 103 denied

ORIGINAL: Jonny Cannon

Is this the same with every Harley-Davidson dealer? All I ever hear on this forum is people who have had grief with their dealer. I have the same story. I deal with the one in Kitchener, Ontario, because it is the only one near by. The next closest one for me that is easiest to get to is in London, and they're owned by the same people.

I can go into Kitchener Harley-Davidson and stand in an empty dealership for 1/2 hour before one of them even says anything to me. If I come in with the part numbers for what I want to order, there is some confusion between what I tell the parts guy & what he physically writes down, because they get it wrong. I even hand them a piece of paper with the correct numebrs, and they screw it up.

They are not friendly in the least, and do not want to help you whatsoever. I don't know even what the point is of this place. I have never in my 20 years of riding had a problem at any Jap dealership, whether I was a regular customer or not. Hell; I was just at GP Bikes in Ajax because a friend of mine was picking up some stuff - the salesman asked me if I needed help, and I told him I was just window shopping today. He sat and chatted with me the whole time I was there about Ducati stuff. I can walk into Performance Cycle in Cambridge and simply ask for product information, and the salespeople will take the time to help me out.

Why is it that with the most expensive, prestigious brands of vehicles, period, that are the Harley trademark, that you get such lousy service and treatment from any of them? The only time I have ever seen worse service after paying a high price for something that you get all screwed up, is when you purchase a new home.

Hence the reason I do all the work myself, and stick with ordering on-line. Dennis Kirk treats me well. Kuryakyn treats me well. HogPro treats me well.

That's my 2 cents rant for today. Guess I shouldn't have brought a thermos of coffee to work this evening.

Cannon
Not the same everywhere.

I bought my bike in Halifax, Nova Scotia at Privateer's Harley Davidson.

They aren't the best for calling me back when my parts arrive, but other than that they're really good.

I live an hour away, so I don't go to the dealer's much except to get parts. Been there 1/2 a dozen times last summer. I don't know if they have caller ID or not, but I called to order bushings for my riser's last week, and when I told the parts guy it was for a dyna he said oh "this must be ray".

Then when I went to pick 'em up, he picked me out of the line, called me by name and said he had the bushings in the back.

Their labor rates just went up to $75/hr, which is crazy, butall thework they've done for me so far has been impeccable.

They've actually gotten awards for service the last two years.

Ray.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you will always get more if you are nice and dont loose your cool, it seems like this time it is paying off for you, let us know how the build comes out...
Good luck to you
Al

Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 309 Posts

I stopped by the shop on the way home and talked to my parts guy. This guy has always given me good advice and he knows what works and what doesn't. He is also a Hamster and builds his own bikes. Anyway he said the 103 kit will be avialable in Oct, but not for CA bikes due to not having the CA approved mufflers. Good luck on your upgrades.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Xtreme
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not surprised with a stealership

Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Bluerose

If you financed the bike...next time they want to give you "store credit" for a financed item call the finance company. I think they might frown on that. You were not returning a part....they were not supplying it.Big Difference.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
steel insane
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't FRET.. the EPA has held up the approval for the Dynas.

Now the work around... GET YOU DEALER TO BUILD THE KIT THEMSELVES! I waited since January then had a long talk with the dealership. They went and parted the kit together. Still under warranty, same parts.

The GOOD NEWS... I save $400 doin' it that way!

Now you know.