General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stage 2 103 denied { update}

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:57 PM
the metal
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: stage 2 103 denied

the stage 2 103" *kit* is not available for just the dyna fat bob, not all 2008 dynas.

something about epa approval since this model does not come with catalytic converters from the factory.

i went through this with my fat bob since thanksgiving of last year when i bought it, i saw the writing on the wall and simply ordered the parts for the 103" and not the kit.

my 103" fat bob runs like a champ!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya got a 96 an yur wantin more power? Suggest Triumph 2300 and see how good yur service is from GB. Least u won' be wantin more power.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Any chance your dealer's going under? Maybe lost their credit with HD - can't order and can't pay bills?

Why else no quick refund? Robbing Peter to pay Paul using your money?

How does their inventory look? Depleted some? Empty or scant shelves? Bikes?

I'd push for the refund right now. If they are in that situation, the squeakiest wheel...

If the goodies were sold as part of the bike sale, your State dept. that regulates vehicledealers might be really interested. Don't try that until you've tried really hard at the counter. Sometimes a dealer about to go under has to fold if pushed by regulators.

Did you or your lender get the title yet??

Old 04-03-2008, 05:14 PM
jwb47
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: stratplexi

We have our EPA to thank for all this BS.

Put the money in your pocket, do the Stage 1, and ride it until the warranty expires. If you need more power, twist the throttle. I know this sounds simple but how may folks use all the power of their stock bike??? I would avoid most of the aftermarket suppliers unless you fully research them. There has been horror story after horror story of folks who have had nothing but problems. Th 98 inch kits for the 88s had problems with rings sealing.

Just my .02. Best of luck.
more than likely I will just get a little better flowing exhaust and stage one a/c and call it a day , I have had a crappy week tried to order some ammo for my rifles and every where I look its back ordered then the on star system on my new hummer shot craps with a hardware problem and I run over a deer lol that was exciting fortunatley I didnt damage the hummer but I think I might should take the money for the stage 2 kit and get a grill guard just incase I have another close encounter of the furry kind.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, tough week! I wouldn't give up on the refund.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Hardcore21
Advanced

Its kind of funny all i hear is bad stuff about dealerships and their staff. I haven't ever had a problem with the dealership i go to. I go at least an hour out of my way if I am at school, or 4 hours out of the way if I am at home for the service I get. I think the attitude of the owners trickle down through the staff, I had the opportunity to get invited to VIP area by the owners son at an event put on by the deal. They were down to earth hard working people, and so is the staff at the dealership. They messed up one thing and fixed it and apoligized profusley I'll take all my buisness there. By the way it is St. Paul Harley if anyone wanted to know.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:11 PM
MrMoose
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Jonny Cannon

Is this the same with every Harley-Davidson dealer? All I ever hear on this forum is people who have had grief with their dealer. I have the same story. I deal with the one in Kitchener, Ontario, because it is the only one near by. The next closest one for me that is easiest to get to is in London, and they're owned by the same people.

I can go into Kitchener Harley-Davidson and stand in an empty dealership for 1/2 hour before one of them even says anything to me. If I come in with the part numbers for what I want to order, there is some confusion between what I tell the parts guy & what he physically writes down, because they get it wrong. I even hand them a piece of paper with the correct numebrs, and they screw it up.

They are not friendly in the least, and do not want to help you whatsoever. I don't know even what the point is of this place. I have never in my 20 years of riding had a problem at any Jap dealership, whether I was a regular customer or not. Hell; I was just at GP Bikes in Ajax because a friend of mine was picking up some stuff - the salesman asked me if I needed help, and I told him I was just window shopping today. He sat and chatted with me the whole time I was there about Ducati stuff. I can walk into Performance Cycle in Cambridge and simply ask for product information, and the salespeople will take the time to help me out.

Why is it that with the most expensive, prestigious brands of vehicles, period, that are the Harley trademark, that you get such lousy service and treatment from any of them? The only time I have ever seen worse service after paying a high price for something that you get all screwed up, is when you purchase a new home.

Hence the reason I do all the work myself, and stick with ordering on-line. Dennis Kirk treats me well. Kuryakyn treats me well. HogPro treats me well.

That's my 2 cents rant for today. Guess I shouldn't have brought a thermos of coffee to work this evening.

Cannon
This is what happens when corporattions decide all these jobs are unskilled; they therefore pay these people $8 an hour, and expect a professional level service from a man who can support a family and is stable... trouble is, that don't happen for $8 an hour...

Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 PM
MrMoose
Advanced

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

on the Positive side,,,, in northern NY,, ya can get what ya want when ya want it...
NO PROBS!!!
This is what we get when we have businesses hungry for customers...

Old 04-03-2008, 07:32 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't so bad now. My dealer just tells me thatif I ride in the rain it's void my warranty. And they keep fixing any way. Or I just go to the next dealer and get it warranty.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are good H-D dealerships and bad ones.

A customer may have to travel 100+ miles to get to that good dealership. It's something to consider if you plan on spending 19,000+ for a newbike plus paying a dealer to work on your ride. Some are out there to build a solid, long-term customer base and many are out to make a fast buck!!!!!

Stay away from the fast buck dealers....they are the ones that will be folding shortly. They'll take your money, string you alongand give you nothing!

Quick Reply: stage 2 103 denied { update}