General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got any "famous" members here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Got any "famous" members here?

ORIGINAL: laz263

ORIGINAL: Lyfer

Hopefully I'll be famous for getting a wrongfully convicted person out of prison here shortly. He's been there since 1989 for two murders he did not commit. Evidence was suppressed,witness was hidden, other witnesses lied, LEOs were not truthful, and defense attorney washobbled byprosecutor.I'd rather be famous for that than just about any other reason I can think of.
Not to thread hijack but:

Is this the one I just saw on Fox News, about the two defense attorneys who claimed attorney/client privelege was the reason they didn't/couldn't notify the authorities their client did it? And the client just died?

If so, you don't need to make any argument other than the fact that two scumbag attorneys felt their almighty "code of ethics" was more important than the freedom of an innocent man.

If not, then my apologies in advance.
I saw that also.....they apparently waited until the actual murderer died before saying anything? They claimed to have sought out legal guidance on the "q-t", and were told that they needed to keep quiet?

They knew the guy in jail was innocent....and let him sit there for nearly 30 years........they didn't do much to help the image of Defense Attorneys.

Now, back to your originally scheduled topic.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts

I was the aircrewman in a UH-2B helicopter and I picked up Arthur Godfrey from the back end of a destroyer on Christmas Day back in 1966 off the coast of Vietnam. I scared the crap out of him but got him safely back on board the carrier. We had business cards that read Pacific Fleet Angels and he signed my card with the following: Thanks for the lift" Arthur Godfrey.

So now you know.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:50 AM
StreetJax
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was in Cartahaiya (sp) Spain on one perticular 6 month deployment. We were walk up some old streets when we came upon many posters of the Iya tola (whatever the f**k his tilt/name is) and bullett holes everywhere. We were starting to get very nervous, to say the least. Eventually got were we were going, then back to the ship to find Charlie Sheen and the rest of the cast of Navy Seals onboard. Found out we walk along the path of the ending chase sceen.

Was never that, dare I say it, SCARED in my life. Thought this was the the end of a beautiful cruise.

Beach Party 1980

Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 AM
pr_capone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most famous person I know is Carlos Delgado, 1st baseman for the NY Mets. I used to live down the street from him when I was a kid and would go over to his house and play Nintendo with his brother. We used to play baseball in an empty lot and he would come over and help us with our swing and such.

I remember the day he came up to us and told us that he had been drafted by the Blue Jays. Pretty exciting stuff, eh?

What is cool though is that his family still lives in that same house and drive modest vehicles. I drove by his new house when I went back for a visit and was happy to see that he did not live in some great big mansion or anything of the nature.... a big house but a modest one at that. He has always been a nice down to earth kinda guy.

So... I've played baseball with a major leaguer.