General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got any "famous" members here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got any "famous" members here?

Romper bomper stomper boo
something
something
something
Are our friends at home today
having fun at work and play?

what WERE those words????

bob

Old 04-03-2008, 07:46 PM
cadillac
Road Master

ORIGINAL: firemankrug

ORIGINAL: cadillac

I ran a 1 vehicle LIMO service years ago in Iowa and one weekend hauled around:
Sha Na Na
John Kaye and his New Steppenwolf
The Young Rascals
Mickey Dolenz
and a couple other bands whose names escape me at the moment. And I have Bowzers sunglasses. They didnt have money for a tip and he took them off and said here...

bob
I would have been impressed if you had all of the Monkeys in your limo.
Out of the whole weekend, Sha Na NA was the most fun. They had a couple hours till their flight so I drove them around rural Iowa for a couple hours! It was different.

Backstage there was a roped off area where the acts could sit, rest, have a beer water whatever. I was standing there waiting for one of the Young Rascals with the other one.... and Micky D walked in and immediatly started hitting on a well endowed Iowa girl. I commented "Mickeys gonna get lucky tonite" to which he replied "*****, no *****, doesnt matter.... Mickey ALWAYS gets lucky."

bob

Old 04-04-2008, 12:03 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cadillac

Romper bomper stomper boo
something
something
something
Are our friends at home today
having fun at work and play?

what WERE those words????

bob
Are you talking about the Magic Mirror?

"Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic mirror, tell me today. Have all my friends had fun at play?"

Okay ... if you're that old ... how about Soupy Sales?

Better yet ... for you fellow Okies ... how about Foreman Scotty?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 AM
rborsholm
Advanced

I was in the airport in Tokyo Japan and all these girls were gathered around the international exit door. Had no idea what was going on so walked down a ways and decided to watch from a distance. Some guy came out from a door behind me to check it out also. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out I was standing a foot away from Brad Pitt. He was there promoting the movie Troy and looked way different with the buzz cut. Guess he had popped out to check out the mob scene before he had to walk through it....Anyway, guess who ended up on the national news in Japan later that night? Guess a video guy caught on to what was happening before I did and shot some footage of us...

Old 04-04-2008, 07:32 AM
cadillac
Road Master

ah Doc... thats the one. Thanks!!

bob

Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Guilt by association only here too. My husband should be telling this story. My then 50-something year old mother-in-law has been pulled up on stage to dance by Bruce Springsteen TWICE! Probably never would have met my husband if it hadn't happenedthe first time. I wasn't in the audience for that one, but my husband and his best friend were. They had either front row or second row seats and at the time, Bruce didn't have many 50 something year old lady fans and Brenda is a HUGE fan. It was written up in the Atlanta paper and she was interviewed by a DJ friend Willard Arbor of the then local rock station, 96Rock. I was in the audience though when he did it the second time at the Omni in Atlanta; probably 5th row. It was pretty cool and very sweet. After the first time, my husband and his mom were invited back stage where my husband met Don Henley and struck up a 20 minute conversation. Said Don was just the nicest, most down to Earth guy.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Kodster
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Walkonwater

ORIGINAL: kody_lawrence

I was on a childrens TV show called Romper Room when I was sixDoes that count
+1

Romper Room!!! Did you win an ant farm??

No. I got a pretty cool toy helecopter. I was pretty upset after the show, you know how she would look through her little mirror and say "I see my friend so and so" I remember being so excited that she was going to say my name into the mirror, when she got to my name she said "I see my friend Kobe" I was devastated. But after years and years of counseling I am proud to say I'm OK now

Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

ORIGINAL: Walkonwater

I was on a childrens TV show called Romper Room when I was sixDoes that count
+1

Romper Room!!! Did you win an ant farm??

No. I got a pretty cool toy helecopter. I was pretty upset after the show, you know how she would look through her little mirror and say "I see my friend so and so" I remember being so excited that she was going to say my name into the mirror, when she got to my name she said "I see my friend Kobe" I was devastated. But after years and years of counseling I am proud to say I'm OK now
Here you go

[IMG]local://upfiles/4722/94B4680D39BD439CBAC6B6AC2966F76D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

GAGirl might appreciate this being from Newnan. Does it count if Alan Jackson's wife is my third cousin? [8D]

Famous or not, they shift their gears one at a time just like I do...

Old 04-04-2008, 09:37 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

My then 50-something year old mother-in-law has been pulled up on stage to dance by Bruce Springsteen...
Your mother-in-law is Courtney ***? Didn't realize she was that old at the time but I saw the video... [8D]

Quick Reply: Got any "famous" members here?