General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more HDForums at work

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 07:40 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: No more HDForums at work

I look at the forum at work and all of yall pay for it. I work for Uncle Sam.

Old 04-02-2008 | 07:47 PM
cHarley
Club Member

ORIGINAL: Robbs Ram SST

I can't access the fourm at work, blocked by big brother.
If you are blocked at work try using one of the many proxy servers out there. If your company isn't blocking them you're in.
Here is one: http://www.youhide.com/
Enter HDForums.com in the search box there.

You can search Google for many others using the search phrase "free proxy server".

Old 04-02-2008 | 08:03 PM
RDM
Road Master

ORIGINAL: deadman77
My boss owns mine, along with the building and every other damn thing. He owns me during the day too.
That must suck

Old 04-02-2008 | 09:01 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sam

Actually the sig pics are suppose to be no larger than 500 x 250. Some members figure we like to look at their life size pics and unfortunately the admin won't delete them.
Sam,
I generally PM offenders whenever I come across a too-large sig pic. If it doesn't get re-sized, I contact Big Admin or Little Admin and they take care of it. Unfortunately, there are eleventy-seven kajillion members posting on here and we don't catch every violator. Saying Admin won't delete 'em ain't true.

Old 04-02-2008 | 10:35 PM
Velobob
|
Advanced

Thanks for the input.
The company owns my work computer. They make the rules, and there are many of them. Most forums are blocked, period. I'm not sure why this one gets through.
The roomI work in is design for visibility. We all work on each others projects from time to time.
Iam her supervisor.
She is a young, modest, talentedhottie that I don't want to lose as an employee.

I'll try the filters.
Thanks for the (reasonable) suggestions,

Velobob

Old 04-02-2008 | 10:46 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cHarley

OFG is correct. At the bottom of your Profile page is a line labeled "Speed Options". Check all 3 boxes and you will have no more Avitars, Sig Pics or Smiley faces.
Right, but who would spend time on this forum without the pics, lmao??

More bouncing and more bending over, please.

Old 04-03-2008 | 07:58 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Makes me so glad I work from home these days and don't have to deal with all that politically correct, office decorum, don't offend anyone that is sticking their nose in your business to start with BS. I understand why companies don't want employees killing work time surfing the net for personal reasons. But, if you choose to stay in at lunch and use your time to catch up on the forums, it should be no harm no foul. If someone chooses to look over your shoulder, then they shouldn't have the option of being offended by what they see. Just like if they see something on TV or hear something on the radio they don't like, rather than bitching about the indecency, just change the GD chanel! Who is to say what's offensive anyway. Everyone has their own thing. Do you have the option of complaining about her kitty cat calendar hanging on her office wall or her pictures of her ugly, faces that only a mom could love, kids? I don't know about you, but I HATE cats! [8D]

Old 04-03-2008 | 08:11 AM
TAWoody
Tourer

ORIGINAL: cHarley

ORIGINAL: Robbs Ram SST

I can't access the fourm at work, blocked by big brother.
If you are blocked at work try using one of the many proxy servers out there. If your company isn't blocking them you're in.
Here is one: http://www.youhide.com/
Enter HDForums.com in the search box there.

You can search Google for many others using the search phrase "free proxy server".
That's the site I use here at work for the "good" stuff. Even though I never signed any internet use policy here, I still want to cover my butt.

Old 04-03-2008 | 09:04 AM
nycfxdl
Tourer

Be careful if you are "bending" the rules - surfing, free proxy, etc. Big brother may be watching...I know because I am one of them at work. From emails and PM's to websites. It's their machine and we just use it for work..and they have the final say. Better to ask then get caught out there