General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:29 PM
dfa
|
Intermediate
Default New Member

Well I finally did it. I got the motorcycle of my dreams. I tell you what. Every since I got my 2005 Electra Glide Standard, I have done nothing but smile. I can't believe she is mine.

I come from riding a 2004 Honda VTX 1300 S. Man I really liked that motorcycle. I had put 44K on that bike. Got her brand new when I was in Daytona back in 2004. I rode that bike everywhere. Been to Knoxville Tnn, and SC 3 times. I really enjoyed every min. I was riding it. Then last Saturday just before Easter. I was like devastated. I VTX got totaled. It got ran over. Oh man it was like watching my best friend pass away. I was like....blah...My family did not even know how to act around me.

Well the following Friday I got a call from the shop it was gone. It was just going to cost more to fix her. So I had to let her go. Seeing how I was all depressed and just not coping well. My wife sent me a link to this page with this motorcycle below:

Man when I clicked on that link and saw that Harley the only words that came out of my mouth was "WOW...Oh my...WOW...Would yo look at that.." I was thinking man I can't believe my wife would show me this. I thought she was just trying to torment me or something. Like hey look at this. NA...NA..NA.. You can't have it. So anyway we went to get the payoff from the insurance company, and after all was said and done. I hear something like...."Well Hon what did you think about that 1993 Harley? You want to go look at it? I was thinking you have got to be kidding me right? You just pulling my leg.. I said yea I would love to.

So off we go. Man I brain is like doing a pee pee dance. I could not believe what we were doing. Well we get to the dealership and I get to test drive it. Oh man it was awesome. Only had like 10K on it, and it was MINT. I mean not a scratch on her. Garage kept and just riding on weekends. I said man this is awesome. The wife could see that I was like in HOG HEAVEN.

As I was riding around I got to thinking. You know this is not actually what I wanted. So when I got back to the dealership. The wife asked the sale man what else do you have while I was out. When I got back she said "Hon...How about this one:

I saw that Harley and said THAT'S IT....That's the one I sat on about 2 1/2 years ago in Melbourne at the Harley dealership up there. Man I was like that is just the color that I wanted. Chopper Blue. When I test drove that one, she knew that was the one I wanted. So now I have the bike of my dreams. It may be used, but she is new to me. I just can't believe my wife would let me get this machine. I have the best wife in the whole world. Then to top it off, Sunday she said lets ride up to Melbourne. So off we go up 95. Pull into the HD dealership there, and bang. This wonderful women goes inside and orders the detachable truck with the wrap around backrest and all the hardware already painted. Man I am thinking. I don't deserve such a wonder wife. Now I am just all smiles. She know exactly what I wanted all along.

When I had the Honda I was always wanting to put stuff on it to make it look like that EG. But she knew that I was not happy with it, and kept putting me off...saying stuff like "No you don't need it." She knew that all the time I would talk up Honda and how good a bike they are, and they are good bikes, she knew that in the back of my mind I wanted a Harley Davidson. Man she was right...She knew.

Now I am smiling all the time everyday even while riding in the rain, because She Knew. So if any of you guys are down this way in south Florida and see a Chopper Blue 2005 Electra Glide Standard and someone with a big smile on their face, it is I. Rid

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:39 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Default RE: New Member

That smile tells the story! Congrats and welcome to Baggerville. You can check out, but you can never leave!

That is a sweet ride and a great story. I hope your HD experience is a good one. Post here often and always never hesitate to ask questions. It's a big family!

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:39 PM
acid_chipmunk
Tourer

Welcome to the Forum. Very nice bike and you have a great wife. Head over to the new members forum and say hello there too!

Welcome again from PA!

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:46 PM
bcox
Road Master

Great story. Sure does sound like a great wife. Congrats on the bike and Welcome to HDForums.

Old 04-01-2008 | 01:52 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member

Did your wife back over your other bike or something?

Old 04-01-2008 | 02:21 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

No fingerless gloves?! Poser!

Old 04-01-2008 | 02:46 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member

great deal enjoy

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:02 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Congrats, And now you know ,Life goes on. Welcome from Wesley Chapel Fl.

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:02 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

Welcome to the madness.

Old 04-01-2008 | 03:09 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

Welcome to the family...i am sure that smile will last.

Remember.......

Four wheels move the body, buttwo wheels move the soul.

Life is Great....We all Ride!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48412/83783CE81BA64AA1B69E2AB3F0ED3813.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: New Member