General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
PolarBear62
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Yeah man, it happens to alot of us- the thing that pisses me off about these clowns is the total disregard for his, and your safety, giving motorcyclists everywhere an undeserving bad reputation with the general motoring public as well as law enforcement with this type of behavior, and needlessly calling out the emergency/rescue personnel when they crash themselves or someone else while exhibiting this reckless actions when they(ambulance staff) could be helping someone that really needs those services; heart attack at home, stroke, elderly fall, etc.... For me at least it all boils down to maturity and respect... for other riders, the cagers, traffic laws(however silly some of them seem to be), and just plain horse-sense. You gotta have it. Riders like the ones you experienced are partly responsible for our insurance costs rising exponentially.... And as long as there are outlets like the show "superbikes" and others, as well as peer groups, cliques, and "that dude" that the young ones see and want to be that glorify and encourage this type of riding madness, it will be pervasive in our society. Whats the solution? Man, I don't know... I just watch my mirrors and stay out of their way. I watch the cop go after him instead of me, and ride like I've got a brain.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:46 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There will be more...keep your eyes open. Hey, I really like those Fat Bobs...rode one that looks just like yours last weekend. If momma wasn't gonna want to ride, I would seriously consider that bike...I loved it.
ORIGINAL: FatHogRider

Just a little rant to get it off my chest, I was cruzing down a local highway going about 75. I was to the left of my lane and all the sudden their was some kid on a crotch rocket 1-2 feet away from me! He looked at me and gave me the nod to say hello and then took off weaving in and out of traffic...

It just pissed me off as I do frequently move around MY lane due to road conditions etc. It sure was a good I saw this knucklehead before I moved to not his side of the lane...

What the F%$& ??? [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm normally pretty lenient when it comes to the sportbike guys. I used to be one.But this broughtto mind an incident that happened to me a few years back.

There were 4 of us riding on an open highway...not much traffic. I was on my CBR-929, a friend was on a ZX-11, another had a Honda Magna and the last guy was an inexperienced rider on a YZF-600r...it was his first bike, never had ridden before - and had the bike about 2-weeks at this point.

Well me and the guy on the ZX-11 jumped out in front and had run about a mile or so at about 120...I let off the throttle, lifted my shoulders and tapped the brake - all in efforts to indicate I was dropping speed. (We may have been going fast - but there are some things that you can do to help out those around you). Well... we had dropped down to about 45 or 50 miles an hour, and the 'newbie' on the YZF blew by me at well over 100...and missed clipping me by less than a foot.

Needless to say I was a bit pissed.

I pulled off the road at the next available spot... and my buddy on the XZ-11 jumped off his biketo getbetween me and the 'newbie'. Luckily, he had seen what had happened, and kinda knew he better do something. By time the 'newbie' got off his bike, and took off his helmet with a totally clueless grin - my buddy was very sternly lecturing him on what to do...and what not to do. I hadsorta calmed down already... but added that if he ever did some stupid crap like that again he would get beaten with my helmet.

Like I said, I usually don't mind the highspeed hijinks that kinda **** you guys off... but I do understand where you are coming from.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

One of them died on Catalina Highway last week. It is my daily, morning ride. Guy lost it on a curve and his body went into the guard rail.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:25 PM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: TXCOMMISH

Bugs me when I don't see em coming and they scream by me about 10 inches away doing 90+ and scare the **** outta me[:@][:@]![:@]
Had this happen to me last week. I was going about 75 when he passed me on the left side, cut across 3 lanes and exited the freeway. Scared the crap out of me. I had been checkig my mirrors and still never saw him.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happens everywhere all the time...the brokeback bikers think twisting the throttle and hitting the brakes is "riding", and I know of 2 local kids who died showing off at high speed last year, it's like an epidemic...I knew the one kid personally, and I went to his funeral the day after what would have been his 18th birthday ...damn shame

Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's some food for thought. I don't pay any attention to what's behind me. With convex mirrors and the vibrations can't see anything any way. I weave all over my lane. I've had the cops stop me thinking I'm drunk. Um, no, just bored. Maybe I ought to quit doing that.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:36 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the insurance companies will jack the insurance up so high those idiots won't be able to get coverage.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:56 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior

don't get mad, get even. next sport bike you see just pass him on left 2 gears lower than normal so your loud pipes make his eardrums bleed.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Batley
Road Captain

We had a young guy last fall crest a hill going 80 mph on a crotch,and on the other side a car was backing out of their driveway. Yep...he hit the car. Flew over the car about 20 feet landed in the ditch and lives. What is interesting is somehow the key to his motorcyle and his shoe were embedded in the side of the car, which they showed on the news.

Quick Reply: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!