General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I luv the bike but honestly......

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 04:03 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: I luv the bike but honestly......

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

TELL ME WHY PEOPLE DO NOT HOLD THE MOCO TO THE WARRANTY, that's all i'm saying.
If you have not seen the threads then either you are skipping over them or are blind. I suspect you're another HD is God and all HD riders are great kind of person. You would be wrong on both counts.

Can you illustrate where poeple have not held the MOCO accountable on defective items? I have seen a lot of folks replace items that were not to their liking, but not necessarily defective. I do know guys that would liked to have had the MOCO fix some little things, but in the interest of NOT having the bike sit for a few weeks, they do it themselves. I have no problem with that. I have yet to hear about a guy that had a seriously defective bike, and didn't go get it fixed. I don't read every thread as apparently some guys do. Can you give us a link or two to some threads where the MOCO was involved, and refused to help a guy out. I'm not doubting it happens, but I'd like to see one of these many threads where this was the case.

What I'm hearing is not that the MoCo isn't taking care of legitimate complaints, but that he seems perturbed that people have legitmate warranty issues and not taking them TO the MoCo...I haven't personally seen any threads of that nature, but I'd sure like to see some links if they're there....the way he's going on, there should be a ton of them...it's the nature of trolls to take a kernel of truth and exaggerate, tho....[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 03-29-2008 | 04:10 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: lh4x4

Porche had porus engine cases for the first three years when they changed to water cooled engines. The estimates go as high as 50% of the production for three years had the engines replaced. Those cars ranged from 40 to 100 grand. Didn't hurt their image or sales. They took care of the problem. Alluminum is difficut to cast and coming up with a porus case or cylinder is a fact of life.

I don't know of anyone that has had the 96 or 96 B engine head "glow" at highway speeds. The aluminum head would melt not glow. Nor have I heard of or seen HD exhaust "glow" at 50 mph. No HD shut of at 50 mph unless it just ran out of gas. The heat issue for the most part was more to the discomfort of the passenger due to the exhaust routing. The ecm does have a program to shut the rear cylinder down when the rear cylinder reaches a certain temp which is possible in slow extended riding in a parade.

I also have a great deal of difficulty believing that more than some rare duffuss would not take a warrenty problem to the dealer.

I also find it incredible that some one would go on for about seven or eight weeks now with this line of BS.

I spent some years as a forensic analyst and may conclusion is that the postings of ezriderpgh are that of someone 21 yoa or younger. If actually older, he has the maturity level of that age.

He has sent me two pm's that clearly demonstrate that he is a juvinile.

I posted that he makes no sense. This is why. When you profess that you love HD's and then make unfounded and wierd complaints about the company with no foundation in fact or merit. You must be bipolar, a schizo or a troll. I vote troll.
You apparently seen my post back weeks ago and now seen this one and think it's a continuation, shows your intelligence level. Hit my profile and check my post history before you open your trap old man. Some people missed the point of the thread but you're the only person to think it didn't make any sense. Altzheimers perhaps.

Old 03-29-2008 | 04:17 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Still don't want to tell us where the threads are that you're talking about?

Old 03-29-2008 | 04:47 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Other Sheep

Still don't want to tell us where the threads are that you're talking about?

+1....it's time to put up...or shut up...[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 03-29-2008 | 05:26 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Old 03-29-2008 | 05:56 PM
akenaten
Banned
Old 03-29-2008 | 06:00 PM
Cheese Head
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

Below I have cut and pasted my response to a thread in a different section about a defective seat. I luv my bike but honestly the quality so far is lacking and I expected better. I am looking for some honest responses but if you stoop to name calling or try to rip me a new one be ready for a hit back or keep the childish crap to yourself. IT IS NOT MEANT AS A RAG ON HD....IT IS QUESTIONING WHY PEOPLE DO NOT HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR PROBLEMS!

"I know I am going to get flamed on for this one....nothing new for me tho so here goes.......reading the responses in this post proved to me why HD quality pretty much sucks. People have new bikes and when there are problems like defective seats (just happens to be this thread) they say it doesn't bother them cause they wanted a different seat anyway, or didn't bother to complain because the replacement seat would do the same thing anyway. Overheating and people spend a small fortune to make it run cooler, performance issues and more spent to get it to run right. The more the moco is permitted to slide by with **** poor quality the less improvement they will provide.I just don't get it myself. When I bought HD this time around ('08 super glide custom)I expected quality, something I did not get with the 3 previous HD's I bought (last new one was '92), but I was promised by everyone from the dealers to the avg. joe that quality is no longer an issue. My bike hasbeen in the shop for warranty repairs twice in 800 miles, and I find that unexceptable.Seems to me it is a huge issue still but for some reason the owners are either ashamed to admit it or so beat down by it they just don't care anymore, or, they have never owned any other brand and have no idea whatthe quality comparison is.Shame shame. "
In some respects I have to agree with you. You never hear anyone say the following when they bring their new car home:

1. I never use the fuel guage because everyone knows that the guage in car brand Xis not accurate. I just reset the tripometer eveytime I fill the cage.

2. Those stock seats are horrible, so I took them all out and replaced them.

3. That stock steering wheel doesn't fit me right; so,I ripped it out and put in a pull-back steering column.

4. I have long legs so I had to rip out all the foot pedals and put in some forward controls. (Or, I have short logs so I put extensions on all the pedals.)

If all the above were true for every car on the road, we as consumers would not tolerate it. However, with a motorcycle, we just accept that is the way it has always been and the way it will always be.

I'm not complaining, I love my bikes and would never give them up. It is just amazing what we accept as riders that we would never consider as being acceptable in a car. Imagine the consumer complaints if every fuel guage in every car was as poor as the fuel guage on a bike.

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:15 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: OldBoldPilot

I hear you, but I'm not sure what your point is or if you actually have one -- or whether you merely want to vent (which does have its place).

Certainly you understand that your experience, while less than optimal, is anecdotal, meaning that no broad conclusions can or should be drawn from it. For every person such as yourself who has had a poor experience with their bike, or their dealer, or a vendor, there are many thousands of others (including myself) who have never had a single warranty or dealer issue.

Everyone has their own definition of "quality" and their own tolerance for shortcomings in either products or services, keeping in mind that expectations of perfection can only lead to disappointment. Proper due diligence prior to purchase, for example, would reveal that overheating, especially in '07 models, was endemic but fairly easily cured. A person who has done their research going in will be neither blindsided nor especially disappointed.

I think your plaint would have been greeted more sympathetically had you done a little self-editing and left your last two sentences out, as most people here don't appreciate being scolded

Perhaps before you wave your finger and chant "Shame" at the members of this board collectively, many of whom undoubtedly surpass you in their ability to recognize quality and to deal with small frustrations, you should simply look at constructive ways either to rectify your specific problem or to rid yourself of it.

Not a flame, by the way, so don't take it as such. Just my observations on your post.
+2. Well said brother.

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:22 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

THAT'S what you're going on about?...couple of minor problems taken care of, couple of normal heat problems caused by stock lean fuel mix, and a guy who lives by the ocean and doesn't keep his bike clean? And most of those posts are only a couple of days old...all the archives here and that's your case? Nothing in there about anyone having a legitimate problem and afraid to hold the MoCo's feet to the fire, and making excuses.

You need to check out the "My 2008 is nearly flawless" thread in General Chat...over a 100 posts and gaining...far outweighs your little personal far reaching tirade here...

My suggestion to you is to get a metric and get a life...I think your cover here as a troll is blown....[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 03-29-2008 | 06:35 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

THAT'S what you're going on about?...couple of minor problems taken care of, couple of normal heat problems caused by stock lean fuel mix, and a guy who lives by the ocean and doesn't keep his bike clean? And most of those posts are only a couple of days old...all the archives here and that's your case? Nothing in there about anyone having a legitimate problem and afraid to hold the MoCo's feet to the fire, and making excuses.

My suggestion to you is to get a metric and get a life...I think your cover here as a troll is blown....[sm=deadhorse.gif]
Hmm no fool, I said those were a few.It is not about the problems, it's about how they are handled.There are plenty more like that in different sections, not just the 2 sections I took them from and not from just the past week either dumby. Amazing how many people can read something and not comprehend what it is they just read. I guess that's why SSI is so popular. Amazing, name calling doesn't make me feel big and tough, different effect on some others I see.

Quick Reply: I luv the bike but honestly......