General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I luv the bike but honestly......

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:00 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Default RE: I luv the bike but honestly......

Where you getting your bike serviced at man? Could you elaborate on what the warranty issues were that caused you to take it in? Where's you buy it from?

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:08 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Well the point was as long as the short comings are allowed to go without complaints to the moco they wont address the problems. Sorry, but overheating is a moco problem....if they can't build them without heat issues they need to stop building them until they have a solution. Just read all the post on HDF, one thing after another that should be the moco's problem, not the owner's.I have never ever heard of bikes shutting down while going 50 mph until I got on HDF. That is an issue that NTSB should be heavily involved with before someone dies, if they haven't already. If you're happy with your bike and have no problems with it that is great....and that's theway it should be. But for the ones that have problems but choose to ignor it or take care of it themselves, that's what the shame shame is for. And I do know quality, I had it many times. I hope my bike issues are over, I seriously doubt it, but either way I'll be riding it and hoping for the best.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:09 PM
akenaten
Banned

I'm really surprised that no one has screamed "why don't you just sell your Harley and buy a Gold Wing"!

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:12 PM
ko4qc
Banned

My 07 Street Bob has really been a PAIN IN THE ***!!!!....in the last 15000 miles I have had to fill the tank many,many times...also had to change the oil etc....replaced the POS seat.....oh yeah...the fork lock f'ed up once....am I happy with HD's quality?...ummmm....HELL YES!!!

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:12 PM
kingk9
Banned

ORIGINAL: akenaten

I'm really surprised that no one has screamed "why don't you just sell your Harley and buy a Gold Wing"!
Why don't you just sell your Harley and buy a Goldwing. (I'm screaming) There....Happy now?

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:13 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Sounds like your just not happy with your bike and MOCO.
Just sell it.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:13 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

People have new bikes and when there are problems like defective seats (just happens to be this thread) they say it doesn't bother them cause they wanted a different seat anyway, or didn't bother to complain because the replacement seat would do the same thing anyway. Overheating and people spend a small fortune to make it run cooler, performance issues and more spent to get it to run right. The more the moco is permitted to slide by with **** poor quality the less improvement they will provide.
When life gives you lemons...make lemonade.

This isn't a flame but if HD is so crappy, why have other motorcycle companies spent millions to try and duplicate them? Ever heard of Victory (a.k.a. Polaris) which was and may still be HDs #1 competitor in terms of taking market share? Polaris has spent a lot of R&D to get the sound and look of Harley. I personally haven't had any big problems, just small kinks that typically take years to work themselves out such as the routing of cables that look great on paper but don't work in real life.

Once again, not a flame, but maybe HD ain't your ride. Just like a metric aint mine and I would probably find issue with them just b/c I don't care for them.

I respect your thoughts, but offer mine in retrospect.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:17 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BoneCrusher

Where you getting your bike serviced at man? Could you elaborate on what the warranty issues were that caused you to take it in? Where's you buy it from?
First, I have no problem with my dealer, they have taken good care of me. The first warranty job was a pourous cylinder case, was leaking oil and had to be replaced at 724 miles. Second trip was a leak, trany fluid coming out of the original shifter hole in the primary, easy fix. I have several spots of corrosion already, paint is so thin it is almost see thru and several smaller complaints I have yet to deal with.

the point of my post is if you have a bike that is under warranty and something comes up that is a warranty issue, or even in question, make them fix it! Do not settle or except it. The moco has expected warranty issues figured into the price of the bike, that's why they are high to begin with......use the warranty.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:19 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member

I had my firstand only recall after my first month of ownership. I said to myself "Oh crap, what have I gotten myself into". But that was it (so far) and nothing I've ever owned has had that "ZiNg" factor that I get with this bike.

Old 03-28-2008 | 09:29 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master

Better sell that one. Sounds like a lemon. Two engine leaks on a new bike? Don't care who made it, I would be ticked off too. Still they all have lemons. It's the luck of the draw.

Was a time when we EXPECTED engine leaks on our Harley. Those days are gone at least.

Quick Reply: I luv the bike but honestly......