General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I luv the bike but honestly......

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:14 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: I luv the bike but honestly......

I think if I were the original poster and didn't like the MoCo or the product or the dealers that sell them, I would go buy a BMW and stop whinning to those of us that buy HD's becausethey feed our soul. We don't concern ourselves with the small stuff.
Have a nice day.
Marsh

Old 03-29-2008 | 11:22 PM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Marsh

I think if I were the original poster and didn't like the MoCo or the product or the dealers that sell them, I would go buy a BMW and stop whinning to those of us that buy HD's becausethey feed our soul. We don't concern ourselves with the small stuff.
Have a nice day.
Marsh
[/quote

READ THAT DAMN POST BEFORE RESPONDING! OBVIOUSLY YOU ALSO MISSED THE POINT. But what else is new. The only whinning I ever see on here is from the HD is GOD folk that are in denial and/or can't comprehend what they read. Have a nice nite.

Old 03-30-2008 | 12:29 AM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

ORIGINAL: Beercan321

Regardless of the product, any item is only as good as the worst person making it. Harley has very good quality control but there still will be problems on occasion. It doesn’t matter if you buy a bike, a car, electronics or any other big-ticket item, there unfortunately will be lemons. I recently bought a new $35K truck. It has 1200 miles and it’s been back to the dealer a couple of times for problems. Needless to say, I’m not happy about it. For all I know some hung-over, pissed-off apathetic guy was working the line the day my truck was built and he didn’t give a sh*t if there were problems with it or not. Most products made by reputable companies are very good. Unfortunately most manufacturers don’t proactively fix certain problems unless it directly affects their bottom line. If you get a lemon then fully utilize the warranty. If the problems don’t get resolved then get rid of it.
I give up totally! The more I explain what the post was about to begin with the more people do not get it. JFC it's in plain english! IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS, IT'S ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT LET MOCO SLIDE ON WARRANTY ISSUES AND THINGS CALLED "NORMAL" THAT ARE NOT NORMAL FOR A NEW RIDE,NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS. Now I see you took your truck for repair, as you should....so tell me why HD owners alot of the time don't do the same? Why is moco allowed to skate so often? There is warranty and implied warranty but people just letit go and say the heck with it, over and over. Now whoever doesn't understand this yet all I can say is keep your helmet on in the house.
Maybe its cause some of us were riding HD back when it wasn't this good. The MOCO, for all its faults, was on the brink, and came back.

Now they make a good product. But that product hasn't been always so good. And those short comings have cost most of us on this board some beans. (Me personally, thousands of dollars I could have invested elsewhere.)

Some of us would rather ride HD then a product from the Pacific Rim or Europe. I havent been able to change from HD to another product.Its not the same. Its not like buying a car to me. Its kinda like buying a long term,high maintenance, high dollar call girl.(of my flavor LOL!!!)and that my wife knows about.

HD has alway had a different style if you will. Some here call it SOUL. So what ifsome are not so critical as you toward the MOCO?

Its my time,my money, and my bike.

SO WHO CARES WHAT ANYBODY DOES OR ACCEPTS. IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY, FIX IT YOURSELF ORSELL YOUR BIKE ANDBUY A HONDA!!!

LOL!!!

Old 03-30-2008 | 12:30 AM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member

"IT IS NOT MEANT AS A RAG ON HD....IT IS QUESTIONING WHY PEOPLE DO NOT HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR PROBLEMS!"

Is the part you meant. I did read it ashas everyone else.

The answer is; we love them anyway, warts and all, but if you don't, you have the power to hold them accountable by not buying anymore of their products. I hear Honda doesn't have warts.

Old 03-30-2008 | 12:33 AM
AF07
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: lh4x4

Porche had porus engine cases for the first three years when they changed to water cooled engines. The estimates go as high as 50% of the production for three years had the engines replaced. Those cars ranged from 40 to 100 grand. Didn't hurt their image or sales. They took care of the problem. Alluminum is difficut to cast and coming up with a porus case or cylinder is a fact of life.

I don't know of anyone that has had the 96 or 96 B engine head "glow" at highway speeds. The aluminum head would melt not glow. Nor have I heard of or seen HD exhaust "glow" at 50 mph. No HD shut of at 50 mph unless it just ran out of gas. The heat issue for the most part was more to the discomfort of the passenger due to the exhaust routing. The ecm does have a program to shut the rear cylinder down when the rear cylinder reaches a certain temp which is possible in slow extended riding in a parade.

I also have a great deal of difficulty believing that more than some rare duffuss would not take a warrenty problem to the dealer.

I also find it incredible that some one would go on for about seven or eight weeks now with this line of BS.

I spent some years as a forensic analyst and may conclusion is that the postings of ezriderpgh are that of someone 21 yoa or younger. If actually older, he has the maturity level of that age.

He has sent me two pm's that clearly demonstrate that he is a juvinile.

I posted that he makes no sense. This is why. When you profess that you love HD's and then make unfounded and wierd complaints about the company with no foundation in fact or merit. You must be bipolar, a schizo or a troll. I vote troll.
You apparently seen my post back weeks ago and now seen this one and think it's a continuation, shows your intelligence level. Hit my profile and check my post history before you open your trap old man. Some people missed the point of the thread but you're the only person to think it didn't make any sense. Altzheimers perhaps.
Well, I must have alzheimers also because I don't get your original post that started the thread, or your follow-ups, for the most part. And you are making less sense as you go along. I can't really tell if you are pissed at moco about quality,or other owners becasueyou think they just ignore quality problems with their HD. And I'm waiting to hear from one person that said something like; "my HD is a POS and has XXX problems, but I'll just bitch about it here on the internetand let the dealer and moco slide on fixing the problem". Yeah, I'm sure that happens a lot...

I'm going to votetroll as well. Not sure who made the original"troll call" but it appears to be a winner.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:34 AM
ezriderpgh
|
Outstanding HDF Member

This will be the last thing I type on this subject or any for that matter on HDF. That should make all of the HD is GOD people wet in the seat. I started the thread and have explained it several times and most people still don't get it. I have no idea why, it is in english and pretty much self explanatory. Some people understood it right off and made honest comments. The rest of you that didn't get it and made stupid childish remarks are just ********, plain and simple. Too damn stupid to understand what it is that you read. Most likely college educated at that. I have read some good stuff and met some great people thru HDF but I'll tell ya what, alot of retards here too. I have always considered sports fanatics the most mentally unstable people alive.....that opinion has changed to a great deal of HD owners. Too dumb to read and comprehend. Too stupid to understand when they are getting rammed in the *** by moco and too dumb to care really. "My bike is so hot it feels like my leg is on fire" and willing to pay for a fix. "My engine got so hot there was alot of noise coming from it so I took it apart to look around", while under warranty! "It shut off while doing 50mph down the road", but HD is the ****! Stupid ****ing people. Keep praying to the GOD of HD. Too damn stupid to understand that if the warranty related issues were given to HD they would take care of them and IF THEY HAD TO DO ENOUGH WARRANTY WORK THINGS WOULD IMPROVE. Why that concept is so hard for you idiots to conceive is a mystery. Keep doing what you're doing and allow them to laugh at you all the way to the bank, while the rest of us hold them to a higher standard and get our problems resolved, for the betterment of us all.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:44 AM
Wolhar
Banned

Shame shame. "
Shame on you for thinking everyone has problems. If I had problems, I'd raise hell. This '05 is my 1st Harley. I bought it in June of '05. It has given me 36k+ trouble free miles. So WTF do I have to complain about? Most problems I hear Harley owners complain about are things I see that are inherant in riding a Motorcycle anyway. Vibrates this, hard clutch pull that, it's hot on my legs, Mirrors are worthless at ___MPH, all part of riding a Motorcycle. **** n moan, **** n moan.

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:55 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member

Again with the bike shuts off at 50mph. Who had this happen to them? I can't find anything on it in the search function. Then he wants to rip almost everybody? I'm also beginning to think we have a troll amongst us. His question was answered several times by several posts, some writers giving very eloquentresponsesand yet he feels the need to rip away. Then he ends his post by saying topic closed, but wait, there's more ripping to be done. Pointless topic that ended pointlessly. Silly troll, harleys are for grownups.

Old 03-30-2008 | 02:14 AM
dhoward
Banned

I get what EZ is sayin.
Make the MOCO responsible for it's product. That's all.
The real problem is that we're not talking about a commodity, necessity product like a car. In 98% of the cases, HD is a recreational vehicle.
And it's assumed that customization, be it seats, or whatever, will happen.
Overheating issues? Beat the heck out of the warranty process. For this kind of money, you should get what you pay for.
Blame the EPA? No.
The MOCO knows the rules up front. Everybody knows the rules. And if you produce a product for general use on the public highways, it had damned well better work for the use in which it was intended.
Someone said the shareholders are responsible for quality control.
Wrong. We as consumers are responsible. And we vote with our dollars.
Now. All that being said. I have found that the fit and finish on my ride have been excellent. Mechanically? Perfect.
But you can bet your ***, for these kind of dollars, any defect I find, will go back to the dealer for remediation.
That's what I paid for.
Troll or not, the only way to improve quality, is to make sure that manufacturer is aware of defects.
And hold them to their commitment.

Old 03-30-2008 | 10:27 AM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member

This will be the last thing I type on this subject or any for that matter on HDF. That should make all of the HD is GOD people wet in the seat. I started the thread and have explained it several times and most people still don't get it. I have no idea why, it is in english and pretty much self explanatory. Some people understood it right off and made honest comments. The rest of you that didn't get it and made stupid childish remarks are just ********, plain and simple. Too damn stupid to understand what it is that you read. Most likely college educated at that. I have read some good stuff and met some great people thru HDF but I'll tell ya what, alot of retards here too. I have always considered sports fanatics the most mentally unstable people alive.....that opinion has changed to a great deal of HD owners. Too dumb to read and comprehend. Too stupid to understand when they are getting rammed in the *** by moco and too dumb to care really. "My bike is so hot it feels like my leg is on fire" and willing to pay for a fix. "My engine got so hot there was alot of noise coming from it so I took it apart to look around", while under warranty! "It shut off while doing 50mph down the road", but HD is the ****! Stupid ****ing people. Keep praying to the GOD of HD. Too damn stupid to understand that if the warranty related issues were given to HD they would take care of them and IF THEY HAD TO DO ENOUGH WARRANTY WORK THINGS WOULD IMPROVE. Why that concept is so hard for you idiots to conceive is a mystery. Keep doing what you're doing and allow them to laugh at you all the way to the bank, while the rest of us hold them to a higher standard and get our problems resolved, for the betterment of us all.

Your last post on HDF? Is that like a guarantee or warranty?

I don't think trolls can be trusted, but we'll see...

Quick Reply: I luv the bike but honestly......