General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People who wear glasses... need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:22 AM
pr_capone
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who wear glasses... need some help

I went to the hardware store the other day and picked up a pair of cheap safety glasses that fit over eye glasses. I thought that for $2.50, it was money well spent.

Well... I get home a few hours later and walk into the house with the safety glasses still on and the OL doubled over laughing at me. I told her that I am not participating in a fashion show when I ride but she says I look ridiculous with my safety lenses and has begged me to find an alternative... she also dared me to post a picture of myself with the glasses on and see what comments I get from the board. She then left the room and I could swear I heard her say something to the effect of... Biker Dork.

*sigh* Unfortunately, contacts are not really an option for me.

Do I have any decent alternatives under $50?

Thanks!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM
bobo06
Intermediate
Default RE: People who wear glasses... need some help

I don't live to far from J&P's so I went and tried Fitovers and Cocoons. Same as your safety glasses but in your wifes words, not quite so dorky. Both about the same and price is under $50. There are sizes to fit different glasses.

Bobo

Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

HA HA H AH HA HA DUDE!!! HA HA HA AH HA HA HA ahh man you cna not sport those on your bike! ha ha ha dude you look like the nerdy chemisty teacher from HS that used to get a hard on talking about elements!... IS YOUR BUNSON BURNER OFF?!!! ha ha ha ha yo PM me my brother and dad are both in the optical busness.. my brother is a forum member.. they make riding glasses for people all the time.. dude ha ha ha thanks for the laugh!
we can talk though PM... alot of my friends that sport glasses they make transition lenses that tint in the sun and go clear in the dark and inside... this way you just need one set of glasses... my brother cuts and shapes the lenses to fit into riding glasses (the kind with foam on the side to prevent cross winds) i have no clue what they cost but i am sure he will hook you up... exp after he sees this picture! I will PM him this thread... and print it off for my dad... we got to get you in some clean specs brother!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 AM
pr_capone
Tourer

you have PM

Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Oohhh ya.. the old man and brother both work for the VA hospital so if any of ya'll are vets i am sure that would help... if not i am sure they can still help ya out. ill let my brother know... man anything is better than those glasses... all they need islittle tint on them black and you can get a cup... help the blind!... ha ha ha i can keep going...

Old 03-28-2008, 01:32 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

dude get wiley x perscription galsses i did....with pop in lenses dark and clear

Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pr_capone

Do I have any decent alternatives under $50?

Thanks!
No! My Rx glasses cost me $300; I'm guessing that your wife just gave you permission to spend at least that much on some riding glasses.

Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Airywhisler
Road Warrior

There are a couple of options, there are lots of "over the glasses" ones out there under 50.00 at most Independent bike shops. Then if you have an extra set of glasses that aren't to old, remove the lenses from the old frame, get a pair of sunglasses from WalMart the wrap around ones and then super glue your old lenses inside the sunglasses with just two or three dropsnear the lense edge. Custom and you are looking good. Make sure of the lense placement before you glue, mostly because of the bifocals.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

consider this your lucky day,,,, I'm kinda feelin sorry for ya......
so I aint gonna come down on ya like a hurricane!!!!!!

but,, dude,,, I'm bittin my tounge hard here!!! lol

Old 03-28-2008, 07:05 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=lame.gif] maybe a full face helmet? down here in Florida there are plenty of flea markets with lots of choices, home depot/lowes had safety glasses that are a lil more stylish that may fit or you could just close your eyes

i feel for ya, i wear glasses too but i can wear contacts...those have got to go now!!!!

Quick Reply: People who wear glasses... need some help