Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

midlife Crisis

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 PM
drogers
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default midlife Crisis

Aquantices keep asking me if I'm having a mid life crissis cause I got a Harley.I tell them no,I have been ridding and racing bikes since I was 12.Why do people think you are a newbie having a mid life crisis cause you ride a Harley and your 50 years old.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: midlife Crisis

Hell of a crisis, getting a Harley! I think it's a bit of the Hog Envy. I've always thought the mid-life crisis stuff is a bunch of crap. Now I'm not 50, 11years shy actually, but, it just seems to me that when a man reaches a certain age and he's towed the line for everyone else all of his life to make ends meet, take care of the kids, deal with in-laws, and all of the other unexpected drama that life throws his way, he has a right to go out, get drunk, get a badass tattoo, earring, grow his hair, roll with a younger chick and buy a Harley if he damn well pleases. No crisis there, just catching up.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
drogers
Tourer

sharkeydude

I like the part of rolling with a younger chick. However I don't think the ol' lady since we were teens would appreciate that.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

No crisis there, just catching up.
I like it!!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:01 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer

I think alot of people, (nonriders especially) equate Harley ownershipto an "extravagant expenditure". I suppose one might think that a big shiney Harleyridden by a 50 year old would make you "look better" ... when in fact, (at least in my case) a Harley simply wasn't in my budget till I got in my fifty's

Old 03-25-2008, 11:04 PM
TheBreeze521
Cruiser

If you have a wife then you need to play this EXACTLY as a mid-life crisis until you've acquired all the gear and bling you want!!! Then and only then it becomes "what crisis?".

Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Hmmmm, Mid life crisis.....that's a good excuse. I'm 62, wife is 57 we just bought a pair of '08's. She has a Deluxe, I bought an E-Glide. Before that she had an 04 Nightrain, I had an 03 WideGlide. Before that she had a 95 Sportie, I had an 02 Springer. Before that....well you get the picture We have been "mid live crisising" for a bunch of years.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I get that crap I just tell em, "Uh, sure, whatever you think." BTW, I "roll" with a younger chick. My wife is eleven years younger than me. When we're too old to ride, she'll be the best lookinghoney in the nursing home!

Old 03-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

Hmmm, think I mentioned something about this under my sig pic. Ok, ABOVE the pic.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:24 PM
drogers
Tourer

ORIGINAL: screwball

Hmmmm, Mid life crisis.....that's a good excuse. I'm 62, wife is 57 we just bought a pair of '08's. She has a Deluxe, I bought an E-Glide. Before that she had an 04 Nightrain, I had an 03 WideGlide. Before that she had a 95 Sportie, I had an 02 Springer. Before that....well you get the picture We have been "mid live crisising" for a bunch of years.
EXACTLY!

I keep my bike at my office/shop so I have to hear all the BS from people that come in the door and see it.I wish I could hide it in the back or at my house,but I can't for many reasons.

Quick Reply: midlife Crisis