General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the Air Conditioning blower on the Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:02 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Installing the Air Conditioning blower on the Ultra

ORIGINAL: dog155

Air conditioning on a motorcycle? How about a Screen Door on a submarine!
OK, dog, NOW you've crossed the line, buddyyyyy! Don't go draggin them into this "dog"fight!!
J/K
I'm in the HVAC biz. You boyz chit can dem trunks. I'll mount a 4 or 5 ton(CFM dough head, not #'s)squirrel cage blower in its place. Upgrade your chging system and throw on an inverter. You're gonna wish you had a "heater" on it then. Course, you could then mount "another" fairing on it to keep that air off you, too.
RELAX, boyz, I owned an Ultra at one time. Butthe "whole" time we owned it, was really glad we had the fairing "only" a couple of times. It was called "hail storm" Other than that, I like the "wind in my face". And I really do not even mind the "skunk" track from not having a front fender.
"You can tell a German, you just can't tell him much!"
NOW, back to the name callin', inuendo, and "my bike" is better than your's is!!!!!!

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:06 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: imboden

lol, agreed. maybe rack up 20-30k on a shovel before your a real biker? lol, some people.

ORIGINAL: zombie

ORIGINAL: JBA111

you roll up 50,000 miles on that Heritage and then come back and talk to us about all our Ultras extras, by then you'll have enough miles under yur *** to havepaid the dues to talk smack to us Ultra owners who ride 20-30K a year, until then your just another FNG flappin his tounge about what he knows not!
Sooo...only Ultra owners rack up 20k-30k a year? Cause surely it would be impossible to rack up that much mileage on a scoot that isn't equiped with more electronics that the space shuttle eh?

Mighty touchy ain't ya.
Dem don't look lyke no shovelheads, to me.

Old 03-26-2008 | 11:49 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Never rode with even a windshield...well ok once...til a couple years ago when I blew a disc in my neck and had spinal surgery. Now I can't take the wind pressure on my head/neck for more than 'bout a hunnert miles without the windshield...think it starts strippin the threads on that titanium bolt they used to put me head back on me shoulders. Even then I got a detachable so's I could run locally without it. But hell...ride what ya like...even if it is a Geezer Glide. hehe Hey...Gump said we could go back to name callin didn't he?

Old 03-26-2008 | 12:00 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

I always thought that the air conditioner on a motorcycle was directly related to how far you twisted the throttle. [&:]

Man, I wanna be a real biker. Does that mean I have to get a Lazy-Boy on 2 wheels to accomplish that?

Old 03-26-2008 | 12:05 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

lol, the one on the right, no, the one on the left you better take a closer look! the one on the left is a 79FXS with a bobtail fender. my garage also has a 78FXE and a 51FL.

ORIGINAL: Da Gumpmeister

lol, agreed. maybe rack up 20-30k on a shovel before your a real biker? lol, some people.

you roll up 50,000 miles on that Heritage and then come back and talk to us about all our Ultras extras, by then you'll have enough miles under yur *** to havepaid the dues to talk smack to us Ultra owners who ride 20-30K a year, until then your just another FNG flappin his tounge about what he knows not!
Sooo...only Ultra owners rack up 20k-30k a year? Cause surely it would be impossible to rack up that much mileage on a scoot that isn't equiped with more electronics that the space shuttle eh?

Mighty touchy ain't ya.

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:00 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

lol, the one on the right, no, the one on the left you better take a closer look! the one on the left is a 79FXS with a bobtail fender. my garage also has a 78FXE and a 51FL.

Mighty touchy ain't ya.
That ain't no shovelhead. That is a DAMMED NICE LOOKIN' shovelhead. (There is a difference, you know) Sweet ride!!!!!! And need I say, MY BAD? I know, don't say it, I will, "Look better, next time, TWADDLECOCK!!!" Howz that?

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:09 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

lol, no offense taken man. you've got yourself one of the nicest I've seen. did you build it up yourself? seems like everybody wants or wanted at one time a captain america bike, but nobody really takes the time to build one.

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:09 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

TWADDLECOCK!!!" Howz that?

I have no idea what you just said, but I'm makingmyself a mental noteto never **** you off.