General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike for the big and tall guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM
jpowell490
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Bike for the big and tall guys

ORIGINAL: bradhinz

ORIGINAL: jpowell490

People crack me up throwing off on sporties. What the majority of you that are downing the sporties don't realize is that they are not much different in size to any of the others besides the big RK's. Dynas, etc. are simply wider. You boys that are 6'2" and 350 pounds need to go see jenny craig or something.... I am 6'3" and about 270 and the sporty I have fit me just fine. Now for the dude that is 6'6" yea you would look really large on a sporty or any bike for that matter. Get jesse james or someone to build you a bike like the one he did for shaq, lol.
Sorry if I offended you, I was not bashing on sporty's I was taking a shot at myself. Just ment as a joke. Lots of my buds ride sporties. No offence intended. Brad
Brad,

No worries at all my brother, no offense taken. I myself have a sporty and I am thinking of trading it in for a dyna or night train, but I tell you every time I go look at them, I change my mind because there really isn't that much of a size difference. The only one I have seen that looks stretched out is the Softtail Custom. I am going today as a matter of fact, I love the train but man it hates my wallet

Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
gmanegc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6-3 and 240. Added to my Electraglide Classic a Road Zep seat, floorboard extensions, EZ Brake, highway pegs, tall windshield, and adjustable backrest. 100% more comfy than stock.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
spotter
Cruiser

6'6 270lb. O4 ultra with wider pulled back handlebars , and k's foot pegs on crash bars. It's all good baby.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts

Stay clear of the Deluxe. I am 6' with a 31" inseam, 195lbs - L O N G body with short legs. Fits me perfect. I tried the Road King Classic this weekend and was on tippy toes at every stoplight with the stock setup. You may like one of those . . .

Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
powaypete
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jpowell490

People crack me up throwing off on sporties. What the majority of you that are downing the sporties don't realize is that they are not much different in size to any of the others besides the big RK's. Dynas, etc. are simply wider. You boys that are 6'2" and 350 pounds need to go see jenny craig or something.... I am 6'3" and about 270 and the sporty I have fit me just fine. Now for the dude that is 6'6" yea you would look really large on a sporty or any bike for that matter. Get jesse james or someone to build you a bike like the one he did for shaq, lol.
My little brother rides a '72 sporty, he's 6'9" at 200#. Yea, but he stretched the back bone to get comfy.
Other brother is 6'4" at 220# and rides a Road King.
I'm 6'3" at 190#, ride a Heritage, but have gotten used to riding HD's
Dad was 6'3" aout 260# and road Harleys and Indians.

You're never gonna find a bike that is gonna fit you out of the box (if you ride distance)

Old 03-26-2008, 10:23 PM
jdizzie
Advanced

6'3" 285 lbs i got a wide glide.... the forwards got to go forward 2" and the seat needs to be down and back some.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:11 PM
GoBison
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Sleeko Deluxe

Stay clear of the Deluxe. I am 6' with a 31" inseam, 195lbs - L O N G body with short legs. Fits me perfect. I tried the Road King Classic this weekend and was on tippy toes at every stoplight with the stock setup. You may like one of those . . .
[sm=oopssign.gif] Bought the dang thing before I stumbled across this FORUM [sm=headbang.gif]

I've learned other things readin thru threads as well:
1.I got myself a "chick" bike [sm=confused06.gif]- Don't much matter.... last check "frank & beans" are still there [sm=pimp.gif]
2. It's the fastest color the MOCO makes!!! [sm=happy046.gif]"VIVID BLACK"

I'm 6'6" 299.99 lbs 34" inseam. Not gonna lie - spent a pile of money to make her fit
16" Wild1 Apes
TallBoy Seat
E-Z shift levers
E-Z brake
Hiway bar - Need some pegs for the dogs to hang on
Solo seat is getting cut & reshaped

[sm=sigh.gif]Ok, I lied- I'm 3 bills+ (photo was taken last fall)

I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase

Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Drexor69
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Beercan321

Hello,
I'm curious if there are any big / tall riders on this forum. If there are what model Harley do you ride? I'm 6'6" and weigh 280 lbs. I'm in the market for a Harley but I'm not sure what model would be best suited for me. I've gone to the dealer and sat on bikes but you really can't judge if they will be comfortable or not just by sitting on one for a few minutes. I really like the Road King and I seem to fit on one but that is while sitting on a bike on the showroom floor. A buddy of mine just bought a new Night Train. I sat on that and didn't fit at all.

So what do you big and tall guys ride? I assume you all ride the touring models but is there one model that you really like or one that I should stay away from.

Thanks for the advice.
Not quite as big as you but 6'4" at 230lbs. FXDWG for me...

Fat Bob might fit but I'm a bit concerned about extensions on the foot forward controls hitting the front wheel. But I don't know for sure, just looks close...

Old 03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts

ORIGINAL: hdfxcw

I'm 6'7' and 210 lbs. My ride is a 2008 FXCW Rocker. I moved the forward controls 3" forward with an Arlen Ness extension kit. I'm comfortable, but only have put 55 miles on my bike - temps have always been below 40 degrees since I got my bike. Only time and some extended trips will give me a truer picture regarding comfort.
Crap... I'm 5'8" and 210 lbs. Either you're really skinny, or I'm a fatass! [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 AM
dexterdave
Cruiser

I'm 6'4", 230lbs, 35in inseam and my '04 Sporty 1200c fits pretty good with 2" peg ext and Mustang Vint. solo.

Quick Reply: Bike for the big and tall guys