General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting brake system.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:15 PM
mimo
|
Extreme HDF Member
Default Interesting brake system.

Any experience with this kind of brake setup??? Reliable? Do you know how does it works???

Mimo.

http://www.pickardusa.com/360-brake.html

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:23 PM
phat96
Road Warrior
Default RE: Interesting brake system.

Mimo, they are really cool but I think there has been some issues with them, send over an email to shooter64 and he'll give the straight story and a great price. He carries them and I thought a while back one of the members had something go wrong and Bart took care of it for him. Do a search also.

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:23 PM
coastrider
Road Master

I have been looking at those but don't know anyone who has them. From what I understand the brake pad or pads apply pressure all the way around the rotor. Don't know how it works. They look great. You can actually see the wheel.

Ride Safe.

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:50 PM
mimo
|
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: phat96

Mimo, they are really cool but I think there has been some issues with them, send over an email to shooter64 and he'll give the straight story and a great price. He carries them and I thought a while back one of the members had something go wrong and Bart took care of it for him. Do a search also.
Thanks both you guys for the input,

I'll talk to Shooter to get a clearer picture of the system's operation,

Mimo.

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:50 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

Bryanttm had em for a while.

Something about the design of the piston retaining heat and boiling the fluid causing failure.
I remember they were supposed to have worked it out.

I wanted them, but you have to use custom wheels, which blew my budget... Still trying to figure out a new front brake.

Old 03-27-2008 | 01:09 PM
mimo
|
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Bryanttm had em for a while.

Something about the design of the piston retaining heat and boiling the fluid causing failure.
I remember they were supposed to have worked it out.

I wanted them, but you have to use custom wheels, which blew my budget... Still trying to figure out a new front brake.
Thank you for stepping in mate,

Yes actually the custom machined wheels that I was looking atwere $1K each, that would still be ok if the brake drumsweren´t also $1K each... [&:]

So I´m back at the wire wheels option again...

Mimo.

Old 03-27-2008 | 02:31 PM
jskwarek
Road Master

Mimo,
Stay away from these they are very problematic and the company is crap to say the least. Do some searching and you can get the low down. I have this system on my Road King and it has been nothing but problems I just don't have the funds to swap it out yet.

As for Pickard those are a great group of guys and I think you will start seeing a lot of good things out of them. They are about 15 mins from me in Richardson TX and I got the opportunity to go over and hang out with them one afternoon at the shop. They are doing something with a 2D mill that some people have not figured out with 3D yet. Top notch wheels at a good price.

BTW I am no way affiliated with Pickard don't even have their wheels just had a chance to meet them, check out their shop and their product when I was building my Road King.

Jeff

Old 03-27-2008 | 07:29 PM
mimo
|
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: jskwarek

Mimo,
Stay away from these they are very problematic and the company is crap to say the least. Do some searching and you can get the low down. I have this system on my Road King and it has been nothing but problems I just don't have the funds to swap it out yet.

As for Pickard those are a great group of guys and I think you will start seeing a lot of good things out of them. They are about 15 mins from me in Richardson TX and I got the opportunity to go over and hang out with them one afternoon at the shop. They are doing something with a 2D mill that some people have not figured out with 3D yet. Top notch wheels at a good price.

BTW I am no way affiliated with Pickard don't even have their wheels just had a chance to meet them, check out their shop and their product when I was building my Road King.

Jeff
Thank you very much Jeff, very valuable information coming from a guy that hasthat muchexperti$$$e invested on his ride (killer looking BTW, I would nominate again any project coming from a guy with that clinic eye for design) Thank you for your input on these wheel manufacturers also... currently looking at some models from their 3D line-up,

Stay healthy Jeff,

Mimo.