General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

two questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008 | 12:40 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: two questions.

I spent a bunch of money in chrome and the only return on my investment is to actually see chrome shining when the sun hits it.

I wash and wax the bike twice a month.

Mimo.

Old 03-23-2008 | 12:44 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I wash my bike way too much. LOL. I love it. Sometimes once a week in the Summer. Once every month in the Winter. Like my baby to shine always when I ride herI spend at least $6000 on mods. Pipes, sert, download, dyno,High performance baffles,paint, backrest, etc. Worth every penny to me.

Old 03-24-2008 | 06:02 AM
galtjunk
Stellar HDF Member

I swore I would never own another black vehicle. Guess what color this dumbass bought.
They look great when they are clean, but they never stay clean for more than 15 minutes.
I'll give it a quick wash when it gets really filthy, but I'll never be a slave to shiney chrome.

Old 03-24-2008 | 09:46 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

I wash my bike as a part of therapy.
I could stay in the house and listen to the WOMAN talk
about what was on the cooking channel........or what plants she fed today.......
or about themile (not miles) she walked on her tread mill.
I go out and polish the bike. Sometimes...you just got to get out.

Old 03-24-2008 | 09:55 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

Because of the fact my bike gets washed 3-4 times a year I was just thinking tonight that this fall when I get my RG i'm going to keep chrome to a minimum and black out most of it, but I'm sure the beauty of chrome shall get me once again, just like it did when I got the WG and I'll get one with all the chrome **** on it.

Old 03-24-2008 | 10:27 PM
grimreaper169
Road Captain

I never wash mine the wife puts on her bikini and spends at least 1hr a wk on it...best part is I never asked her to she just does it

Old 03-24-2008 | 10:50 PM
Drclev3
Road Master

I am guilty of not cleaning mine to often with that my bike has suffered a little. I now have pot marks on my lowers and a little rust on my front wheel and on the heat guard. I wish I hadcleaned up on it a little more hellI paid a lot for it. Does not have anything to do with being Lazy though, hell I work more than any man should. And ride as often as the weather permits. but its mine anddidnt buy it to have people watch me clean it in the drive way I bought it to ride and when I start to dump to much money to fix it up I will buy a new one with the money I earned.Thats just the way I feel!!

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:04 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

I spend way too much on mods, but am realistic. I have no plans to get rid of the bike anytime soon (actually the long term plan is to hand it down to the wife, and get myself a SG...), and realize when I go to sell it (eventually) I won't be getting my money back out of the deal. While I don't wash my bike obsessively, I do wash it regularly. I like it looking good, and with the crap they put on the roads around here over the winter, I don't want that stuff getting a chance to settle in, and give my bike a case of cancer. Pride of ownership, I guess. However given a choice between washing on a warm day, and riding, I'll choose riding every time. I usually wash it on less than ideal days, or in the evening, after riding all day.

Old 03-25-2008 | 05:52 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member

My bike gets ridden daily and is my primary transportation year around.

I try to wash mine about every other weekend. I like to keep my bike looking decent. Dust is the biggest problem here, no mud or bugs so much. The bike gets dusty looking.

Old 03-25-2008 | 06:03 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member

Why would you ask someone when to wash your bike?
Do you ask when you should take a shower?
Common sense man. Do what you want.

MikeM

Quick Reply: two questions.