General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower Back Tattoos and Metrics

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 04:51 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 65 Posts
Default RE: Lower Back Tattoos and Metrics

Absolutely job, purpose, direction, drive, and ambition. His parents also need a bruise or two. The piercings and neck tattoos might limit him depending on what jobs are available to him.

I did a lot of hiring for a very large, very conservative company. Based on how he looks I would never hire him regardless of his qualifications. Would not fit corporate conservative image. For every 'individual' out there, there are 1000 that want the job, are as qualified, and are willing to comprimise their "personal freedoms" to satisfy corporate guidelines. Is that right, don't know, probably not. But when you are going to get paid A LOT more than most, are you willing to sacrifice. Is job image more important than personal image. When your company caters to older conservative clients, do you want to send a 'rebel' to represent you?

Construction, trades, blue collar, shouldn't matter. Unfortunately it all depends on who is doing the hiring. I see you are / were Marine Corps. I was Air Force. Would the Military accept him with 10 earings, a Swastika, and FTW tattooed on his neck? AT&T wouldn't.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a new fade and I heard there back door bandits!

Old 02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMOP they look very sexy on the ladys Oh yeah.
On guys no thanks.................................

Old 02-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Lowman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DI's would politely rip the earings out of his skin and the tattoos would get him a lot of grief. Hell...I had only one tattoo when I went to boot camp - and it was a traditional eagle and skull - and my DI's gave me a hell of a lot of crap for it. And if he's got a SWASTIKA on him? He's a complete f***ing idiot. Everyone's entitled to their opinion - but some opinions are just wrong and idiotic. The world's got no place for that kind of thinking anymore.

ANY Tattooos on your neck, hands and face will definitely hold you back from getting a job in the corporate world...unless you work for a more progressive type company like MTV or something like that - but those are definitely in the minority.

I don't wear earings anymore, and I always wear long sleeve shirts at work, even in the summer. I make 6 figures and I have to conform to do so. Is it right? No - but it's a means to an end. Conforming allows me to earn the money I need to do the things I truly love - Harleys being one of them. I can still get more tattoos and expres myself the way I want to - but I have to do so responsibly and with a little forethought to what I am doing.

Sounds like he's very young and doesn't really consider the future and what he wants to do. He'll wake up one day and realize he could have used a little better judgement.

JB

Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Lowman
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lil_gmac2

I'll have to call my brother and notify him that lil-gmac2 has decided that we are both gay because we have lettering tattooed on the small of our back.

NOT!!!!

JB

Old 02-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Stucarius
Cruiser

Down South we call them Panama city License Plates.

They only look nice on good bodies. Otherwise they just look like FDA stamps on meat.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
John_O
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Lowman

And if he's got a SWASTIKA on him? He's a complete f***ing idiot.
One thing I like about My artist, he flat refuses to do swastikas. he'll do names, but plan on hearing about it for an hour before LOL.

As far as lower back tats, could you see any more of his back or just where hes shirt was blowing up? He may have been inked all over the back.... but seeing as a crotch rocket rider, I doubt it.

ladies fine!
Guys, guess it depends on what it is.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:49 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Hi,

The Air Force expressly FORBIDS any servicemember from having any racial or "hate" tattooing (i.e. swastika's), same for naked women tattoo's etc. and you won't even be able to get in the Air Force if any tattoos are visible in uniform at all. After your're already in, not more than 25% of any body part can be tattooed, and in certain instances, they can require you to wear "sleeves down", regardless if it's 20 below out or 140 degrees above, like in Oman [&:].......The Army is hurting for folks, hell they're taking up to 42 years old now....they might look the other way, but not the US Air Force!

We're not talking about lettering on the back, we're talking about the "girly" looking tribal **** that all the girls are getting put on their backs! I have seen alot of Hispanics who get lettering on their stomachs, so I'm assuming the same for the back, just don't do the girly looking **** on the lower back.

joe

Old 02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, definately sounds like the Gay community has taken up Sport Bikes.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:38 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw a website on a different forum that had a link posted for Gay bikers, I will try to find it, they were all on crotch rockets
ORIGINAL: SKJOLD

Yep, definately sounds like the Gay community has taken up Sport Bikes.

Quick Reply: Lower Back Tattoos and Metrics