General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:19 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

So mad that Im writing this I cant even begin to believe that it happened.

Leaving work out of the parking lot, not even on the main road yet I see this car coming from behind a parked car. Hit both my brakes in a normal fasion. I was in a very light turn to the righ on a downward slope when I felt my front tire lock up and slide. Musta hit a slick portion of the lot cause before I knew it I was down. Bike went over on the right side. No collision except my bike on the f*ckin pavement.

As it stands, I have a smashed right mirror, scratched headlight trim ring, bent and badly scratched front fender, tank is dented where the bars smashed into it, right turn signal bullet is scratched up bad, handlebars are bent down, fork dont feel right, floorboard got knocked upward.

Im ok, scratches and stuff, but MY BIKE.....

F*CK I am so mad right now! First time that bike has EVER been close to being down. Cant claim the insurance because the deductable is so damn high, but then again I really figured when I bought the policy if I was going to wreck, I would have wrecked big time hence the larger deductable. Wouldnt have been able to afford the smaller deductable.

Well, Ive now crossed over into the "riders that have been down" although i admit this was really nothing.... just wish that reflected on my bike...

Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

Sorry to hear! At least you are ok to tell your story right.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tight turns onslope, plus braking, and crapola on the roadare tricky for anyone. Understand completely...hope youget the bike back together soon.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

make a list of everything you need... i think i got a signal or two for ya brother... i have been there...

Old 03-19-2008, 10:36 PM
jayhantz7
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear about it. I went down a year ago and I know how you feel, and I know there is nothing I can say to make it right, but like Drclev said, at least you are ok to tell the story, it always could be worse....hope the bike gets back together soon and best of luck

Old 03-19-2008, 10:41 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Forget the bike.....thank your lucky stars you were not injured. The MoCo will make all the parts you need. I have been down before and nobody likes it. Glad you are OK! SO now is a good time for even better custom tins.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 PM
Vinnie85FXWG
Tourer

That sux. Glad your ok.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:48 PM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know exactly how you feeland I'm know others do too. I have done just about the same thing and when ya look back on it (aftersome time) you then realize that it could have been worse! I remember being pissed about wrecking my bike too. [:@]Just be thankful thatYOU AREABLE to be pissed about it if ya know what I mean. Glad that you are ok!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
pwer pla
Tourer

+1 with JRK,

Get a list together I got lots of takeoffs from my dyna (not sure what would fit) but if I got it and you need it it's yours. Can't let a fellow biker go without riding bacause of bad luck could happen to anyone. PM me with what you need and i'll start looking.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been beat up by the pavement at least 3 times! Messed up the bikes pretty good each time to the point they were un-ridebable... sure it cost a bunch to get repaired but as for me with road rash and cut... Knock on wood, no broken bones..

Welcome to the group of "experienced" bikers... as in my opnion, unless you have dumped one... learned some lessons from it you are not yet a true "experienced" biker.

Just be glad you are ok..

Quick Reply: Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.