General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:55 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

ORIGINAL: IamZardoz

Everybody's number comes up sooner or later. Just be glad you are ok.
I agree with this comment 100%!!!! It is a piece of metal and it could be raplaced or fixed, it beats the alternative!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Northwestphycles

Well first glad your ok. I have dropped my bikes a couple times over the years but so far knock on wood none have been my harleys. What I want to really point out here is my hat is off to the guys on here that are willing to give up there stuff on the self and help this guy out. Way to go guys. Never see a jap bike rider doing **** like that. Stick together, family is what we are about here.
Total BSBSBSBSBSBS!!!!!
The sportbike riders are as much family and friends as any. We all group ride, train together, ride the track together, give parts to get each other going again just like anybody else. Amazing how someone can turn a great thread into total BS on a group of riders!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

At least your not planning on giving up the ship just because you went down one time. It can happen any time......just look at the total cost and figure it as the cost of tuition........and just remember the lesson it has taught you. I hope your back on the road ASAP!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:08 PM
csmlopez
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Just wanted to update everyone. Doesnt look like the damage was as bad as I though. Fenders really scratched but seems ok, still gonna pop it off.

The dents on the tank didnt crack the paint, infact looks like the only paint portions damaged was the clear coat. should be able to get the dents out paintlessly and with a good polish and buff, should be ok.

the turn signal bullet looks like it came out unscathed amazinly. looks like the lens took all the damage. Wanted to upgrade to smoked lenses anyway. The mirror done, but OC HD has one in stock for 34 bucks; not to bad.

Bars on the left side are bent, but not so bad. just need to readjust the hieght. Looks like my excuss to upgrade to wild ones chubbies.

Thanks again for all the comments and offers. I think Ill be ok on this one. Guess the shock of it all had me rambling last night.

ride safe everyone and thanks again for your thoughts.

RIDE HARD AND RIDE IT FULL OUT.

Oh crap!!!! I can't believe we fell for this old scam. Oldest trick in book on how to get free parts from us bike loving, blue collar working, soft hearted Americans who are so proud to own a Harley Davidson!!!![:@]JEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ![>:]

Glad is not as bad as you thought. Trust me when it happen to me, this is no lie; my pants were ripped off on my right side (fat wallet saved my ***). I went straight home and did an assesment and determined what to order and went online and placed the order. Wife says AHH! What happen to you butt and your pants?? I said I fell downThen I took care of my self. So I know!

Good for you, now put some miles on that scoot and remember 30 / 70 of the brakes.

Big Lou