General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.

Ditto, always good to be able to be up and pissed than otherwise. I've got some stock mirrors and stock Heritage handlebar if it helps. Not sure that'll suit a Fatboy.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,873 Likes on 811 Posts

Sorry to hear you went down.

Been the victim of unexpected snow, gravel and sand myself... the last one - sand in an unlit corner at night - wrecked my pipes (V&H Straight Shots), bent my handlebars, and put a nice dent and scratches in my tank, and a few other minor scratches. On the bright side, since I had to get the tank repaired/painted, I got a custom paint job (and the painter resprayed my fenders for free too!), and I managed to find a used set of V&H Straight Shots in excellent shape on Ebay for a hundred bucks. I'm also now an expert at installing internally wired apes on Reaper!!

Welcome to the club!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-19-2008, 11:27 PM
kato1964
Road Warrior

That sucks large, but in the end the bike can be repaired, you can't be, so glad to hear that the worst injury that'll result from this incident will be to your wallet. Glad you're OK.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:33 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your ok!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer, but I know how you feel. Similar event happened to me about 8 or 9 years ago. Turn had sand and when I hit it the bike just slid out from under me. Sounds about like the same type of damage. Used the opportunity to get custom bars and paint. Also never use the front brake on slow turns anymore, ever. There's an ebay seller I've bought a few things from that lives in San Clemente just south of you. He's got great prices and might have some of the things you need. His name is Jacob Martin. 949-842-7940 My son got chrome legs for his Wide Glide for less than a third of what the dealer wants. Original Harley chrome stuff. Got smooth chrome fork tins for my Heritage for $50. Give him a call, he'll meet with you and save shipping.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:38 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I hate hearing stories like that except you came out of it ok. Just a thought........you said high deductable, take it to the dealer for an estimate, you may have to leave it there for your ins. co. to come see it themselves....but nothing says that after they write it up you can't do the repairs yourself. Maybe what you save in labor will be enough to cover the deductable. Plenty of help here as far as know how goes. Good luck

P.S. Do you have a ride bell?

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/66391D3382A743F2AC2DCFF6F0D757CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Duck
Advanced

same here i have some takeoffs from an 07 wideglide, mirrors and such just let me know what you need.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

thats sucks but it happens sooner or later,.....hey i got a right turn signal bullet if you want it, the wire is cut but its got about 7 inches or so of length so you got alot of room to soder. i jus hope its not the one i pulled apart even so you can stuff it all together . ill pm ya jus in case you miss this.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Glade you are OK, sorry to hear that you have now joined the very large club. Only two kind of bikers you know, those that have been down and those that are going too. Crashed mine about 6 months ago all fixed and better than ever now. It takes time but it will be whole again.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Bikes can be repaired, humans not always. Swallow your pride and be thankful that it wasn't you that needed all the repairs.

Kudos to everyone that is willing to part with their spare parts to help a fellow biker out. I can add to the list with a pair of mirrors if you need them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/C3D8125720304DCF8E7BA0C36373C15C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Sigh, well it finally happened. Went down.