General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Sonny Barger story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:13 AM
Worlok
Tourer

That's right Sporty. I feel that if we were ever attacked on our shores by a foreign country, people like the 1%'rs would be shoulder to shoulder with us fighting those suckers. They are viewed as bad people but as I stated before, they are honest to themselves and know who they are. They do not play games, or try to pretend they are something they are not. No posers there!
They are most likely the very reason that the bikes we ride still exist because of the culture they created.
I am not encouraging anybody to hang around with them, but we do need to give them credit for what they have done for biking, and the culture that would not exist without them.

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:18 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang! I locked this thing back in March when I was still a moderator. Looks like the new format unlocked it, LOL!

Moderator!!!! Where iz yew?

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:24 AM
Worlok
Tourer

That's right Sporty, our own government has hurt us way more than the 1%'rs. And if a foreign country attacked our shores, I would be willing to bet that the 1%'rs would stand shoulder to shoulder with us for the fight. Where would the Crips, Bloods, and Government officials be?
The 1%'rs are the very reason that the bikes we love and ride still exist. That is a result of the culture only they could create. They are not posers, they are the real deal for whatever that's worth, and you gotta respect that.
I'm not telling anybody to hang around with them, but to at least appreciate the culture that we all aspire too. Just look at the way you dress when you go riding, and look at what you ride, who created that? It wasn't a bunch of puzzy *** yuppies or government officials, it was the 1%'rs.

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:25 AM
JKK
Road Captain

why lock it?

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:54 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Worlok
...And if a foreign country attacked our shores, I would be willing to bet that the 1%'rs would stand shoulder to shoulder with us for the fight. Where would the ... Government officials be?...
Their actually rushed to underground bunkers.

They also get to live on retirement plans "we the poeple" are not privy to.

Remember there are only like 535 people who insist on keeping the problems this nation has intact.

Old 08-15-2008 | 07:08 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by Worlok
That's right Sporty, our own government has hurt us way more than the 1%'rs. And if a foreign country attacked our shores, I would be willing to bet that the 1%'rs would stand shoulder to shoulder with us for the fight. Where would the Crips, Bloods, and Government officials be?
The 1%'rs are the very reason that the bikes we love and ride still exist. That is a result of the culture only they could create. They are not posers, they are the real deal for whatever that's worth, and you gotta respect that.
I'm not telling anybody to hang around with them, but to at least appreciate the culture that we all aspire too. Just look at the way you dress when you go riding, and look at what you ride, who created that? It wasn't a bunch of puzzy *** yuppies or government officials, it was the 1%'rs.
Thats so true. The MOCO tapped into and used that as a selling platform and to this day. Shamelessly lame MFer's tool around in their best biker gangster look. And at times its funny as hell because they are trying to do it while riding on a Honda rebel. Truth is Dagumpster has the best looking FTW rig here. Probably all hand man and hand built and not pieced together off the shelf. Back in the day, his day there was not massive accessory selection you did your own. Some backyard guys would even dome their own pistons, is what my dad told me once. Back in the 50's he and some buddies had a racing team together for Daytona and where ever else.

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:59 AM
Mr_taterhead
Cruiser

I like to think that I live a pretty full life and aside from speeding, I don't think I break very many laws.

Similarly, I also think that Mr. Barger is lucky he was born in country liberal enough not to straight kill his a$$ when he challenged the system. In any number of places, he would have been dragged through the streets and hung up for all to see how nonconformists are handled in authoritarian societies.

Give me a break. Being a "rebel" in a country like the USA is kinda like being the fat girl at the pie-eating contest.

Old 08-15-2008 | 10:21 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by pococj
Dang! I locked this thing back in March when I was still a moderator. Looks like the new format unlocked it, LOL!
I thought the same thing and was surprised when I saw that this old thread had been 'brought back from the dead'..

Old 08-15-2008 | 06:53 PM
badinfluence63
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr_taterhead
I like to think that I live a pretty full life and aside from speeding, I don't think I break very many laws.

Similarly, I also think that Mr. Barger is lucky he was born in country liberal enough not to straight kill his a$$ when he challenged the system. In any number of places, he would have been dragged through the streets and hung up for all to see how nonconformists are handled in authoritarian societies.

Give me a break. Being a "rebel" in a country like the USA is kinda like being the fat girl at the pie-eating contest.
And this country would be in such turmoil of epic proportions you wouldn't recognize it. This country is lucky to have people like Sonny. Most people are happily being sheep lead to slaughter.

.....who watches the watchers? Who challenges authority? Our country is founded by its birth for the fat girl at a pie eating contest. Its slipping a little. Its roll over pussies who are the path of least resistance who help us lose inch by inch what the Bill of Rights and the Constitution set forth.

Last edited by badinfluence63; 08-15-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2008 | 07:18 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain

I think he's an interesting guy, and parts of the way he lived I think is pretty cool. Some of it is horsesh*t. Same as my life. He is what he is. I don't want to be the guy.

Quick Reply: Good Sonny Barger story...